Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Yart's not married so no wife pics.

@Yart, good I guess.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
One wild night of ride cowboy ride on the mystery train didn't save the world.

Mr Morden

n00b
Questions for the devs.?
1. Will you be selling the ROM like you are selling mega drive ROM and disc images of the dreamcast version?
2. Will their be copy protection on the AES and mvs cart because if their is not the carts will be dumped within about 72 hours of the release date.
3. Will you be doing a second run of the carts later on or is this a one time thing.

P.S. I hope your collegue is recovering well I wish him all the best
P.P.S. the game looks like smash tv and total carnage is it a homage to any other game?/

Last edited:

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
You will be able to play it for "free". Which naive fool spends $$$ on games like this, and on a dead system on top of that? Get with the times.

matt5cott

n00b
Saw this on twitter this AM, just ordered the MVS collectors, really looking forward to it running in my 4 slot :)

-SD-

Camel Slug
*Waits for first moron to complain about the colour of the PCB...*

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
You will be able to play it for "free". Which naive fool spends $$$ on games like this, and on a dead system on top of that? Get with the times.

If no one buys it, it will probably never show up for free.
Cheap ass motherfucker.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Board looks nice!!! Might be worth thinking of a protection scheme, otherwise someone will dump it super quick.

Mr Morden

n00b
Most of my carts are cheap gamer condition this better match with Insert marks and scuffed up pcbs.
Otherwise the look of my collection will not be uniform.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Sweet. I hope their prototype is successful, & it’s full steam ahead!

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Board looks nice!!!

Agreed; would look nice in a translucent shell.

Decided to pull the trigger on an MVS copy.

2019 starting off on the right foot - between this and KB: we haven't had 2 new games in the same year since the good old days (pick whichever year was good for you).

Mr Morden

n00b
Mike tucker one of the devs clarified a few things for me most relevant info as follows

"We're actually going to be selling the Neo Geo ROM for Xeno Crisis in the near future to cater for Neo SD users in particular, so there will be little to no point in applying security to the AES and MVS cartridges. We are considering some counter-measures though to discourage it. Inevitably, someone somewhere will pirate Xeno Crisis, but fortunately it will be easy to detect fakes as we're using our own customised board"

"We’re planning to add a number of enhancements that just aren’t technically feasible on the Mega Drive version be that due to lack of ROM space, CPU performance or other Mega Drive limitations. These enhancements will include an arcade attract mode, the ability to join in as the second player at any point, extra sprite frames, colour depth, palettes that we couldn’t quite squeeze in on the Mega Drive, more speech, sound effects, as well as full integration with Neo Geo hardware for features like coin/credit support, memory cards, etc... We're also looking to use some scaling effects where appropriate too."

"The Collector's Editions are available to pre-order until the end of Monday February 4th, after which only the standard editions will be available. We can't really discuss how many units we've sold, but pre-orders will be open for some time yet."

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Mike tucker one of the devs clarified a few things for me most relevant info as follows

"We're actually going to be selling the Neo Geo ROM for Xeno Crisis in the near future to cater for Neo SD users in particular, so there will be little to no point in applying security to the AES and MVS cartridges. We are considering some counter-measures though to discourage it. Inevitably, someone somewhere will pirate Xeno Crisis, but fortunately it will be easy to detect fakes as we're using our own customised board"

"We’re planning to add a number of enhancements that just aren’t technically feasible on the Mega Drive version be that due to lack of ROM space, CPU performance or other Mega Drive limitations. These enhancements will include an arcade attract mode, the ability to join in as the second player at any point, extra sprite frames, colour depth, palettes that we couldn’t quite squeeze in on the Mega Drive, more speech, sound effects, as well as full integration with Neo Geo hardware for features like coin/credit support, memory cards, etc... We're also looking to use some scaling effects where appropriate too."

"The Collector's Editions are available to pre-order until the end of Monday February 4th, after which only the standard editions will be available. We can't really discuss how many units we've sold, but pre-orders will be open for some time yet."

That's really nice for people that backed this with a physical copy! Had I known they were going to do that I wouldn't have ordered the physical copy...

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
The main measure to ensure authenticity is to keep a log of carts made and who they where sold to. That way provenance can be achieved. It's not so hard