Shudder -PC (Steam) a shooter that's not a shooter!

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
https://store.steampowered.com/app/910660/Shudder/

I've had a play of this last night and it really is something special. Coming from a 2 man team makes it all the more impressive.

Imagine Geometry Wars without the shooting mechanic. Don't stop reading there! The lack of shooting may seem unsatisfying for an entire 30 seconds of gameplay...that's until you use the "shudder" attack for the first time!

Collecting energy orbs which appear randomly on the screen allows you to charge your shudder (meter) attack. This can be triggered with the "A" button on the Xbox controller, "X" on the PS4 controller or Space bar on your keyboard - I highly recommend using a controller.

The shudder meter builds up each time you collect an energy orb. The meter is colour coded and corresponds with the enemy's colour on screen. For example, if there's a green enemy on screen, you will have to keep building up your shudder meter until it reaches green!

All this needs to be done while avoiding the swarms of enemies. It gets busy quickly so you'll be tempted to activate the shudder attack before reaching the colour you need to destroy the tougher enemies. It's very much a risk reward system.

The tutorial explains the game much better than me and you'll get it as soon as you start playing it. It is VERY addictive (you've been warned).

Visually it's very nice. If you've played any of Minter's games in the last few years, you'll know what to expect. It's not as trippy, but definitely has its own unique style. There's even a cool VHS tracking effect on screen

Music suits the game perfectly and definitely gets you pumped up while playing All this for under a fiver! BUY IT!

Last edited: