why do most of the turbo duo games suck?

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
I was being a bit loose with my words when I made this thread. There are some games that I really like. I've been playing the shit out of lords of thunder and I beat Beyond Shadowgate. Looking forward to neutopia 2 next. I think maybe I was just a bit bummed out after playing Fighting Street and Dragon Ball.

I don't know if anyone on here has played the Mega Man CD (Rock Version) for turbo cd but I've just found a link for it and I'm currently downloading it.

Last edited:

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Don't forget Adventure Island, the best console version of Dragon's Trap (60fps+enhanced audio-visuals).

It also allows saving instead of password, and start/pause on the pad are infinitely more comfortable than the SMS version.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Some games I love:

Rondo
Lords of Thunder
Gates of Thunder
Air Zonk
Bonk 1,2,3
Alien Crush
Devil Crush
Blazing Lazers
Cyber Core
Download 2
Forgotten Worlds (this port is awesome)
Legendary Axe 1&2
Ninja Spirit
Street Fighter II (ok, not a must have, but I like the chiptune of the PC engine and I feel the sprites look cooler on this)
Final Solider
Super Star Soldier
Splatterhouse
Aero Blasters

I'm sure I missed some. Imo, the best games are on the hucard, but the CD ain't no slouch. I'd like to get an original PC engine from Japan (this would be my 3rd) and keep it this time and buy a Terraonion Super System adapter thing. I feel that's the best option for anyone who's an enthusiast who doesn't want to get caught up in the price for collecting.

Last edited:

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
I tried the mega man cd rock version and was thoroughly disappointed to find that it's just a glorified music video game (which I suppose makes it more authentic for the time period it attempts to draw upon). the game starts, you select a stage, and then it automatically pauses and begins playing the rock version of the stage music. The music itself is excellent and I was choked that I couldn't actually play the game like that.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I tried the mega man cd rock version and was thoroughly disappointed to find that it's just a glorified music video game (which I suppose makes it more authentic for the time period it attempts to draw upon). the game starts, you select a stage, and then it automatically pauses and begins playing the rock version of the stage music. The music itself is excellent and I was choked that I couldn't actually play the game like that.
I don't know what you're expecting it's just a unofficial port of mega man from the nes.Beside it having arrange soundtrack that's all really.Unless you're not a fan of the mega man at all.Some,consider the first one kind of rough but most consider part two the better game.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Don't forget Adventure Island, the best console version of Dragon's Trap (60fps+enhanced audio-visuals).

I personally think Dragons Trap, AKA Adventure Island on PC Engine is the best English Huey. I know many others on the PCFX forums feel the same way. Although most consider Ninja Spirit or Soldier Blade to be the best English game.

Not to be confused with the English TG16 Hu Card Adventure Island.

It's a bit confusing.

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
I don't know what you're expecting it's just a unofficial port of mega man from the nes.Beside it having arrange soundtrack that's all really.Unless you're not a fan of the mega man at all.Some,consider the first one kind of rough but most consider part two the better game.

doggy, I love mega man. I was disappointed because I wanted to play the game in its natural form with the music rearranged as I assumed the game's format would be. It doesn't even let you play the actual game, it's just the music with a mega man stage background. Is neutopia 2 as challenging as zelda a link to the past is?

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
doggy, I love mega man. I was disappointed because I wanted to play the game in its natural form with the music rearranged as I assumed the game's format would be. It doesn't even let you play the actual game, it's just the music with a mega man stage background. Is neutopia 2 as challenging as zelda a link to the past is?
So you didn't get this ?

That's why i was puzzled by you're comment.Unless you didn't find the right dump i don't know what else to say.For neutopia 2 being challenging,not really when i played it years ago it didn't take me long to finish it.

Neural Tech

Banned
I love Castlevania and Ys books 1+2 but I was really disappointed by Renny Blaster and the exile games. There's also hardly any english games for it. The first game I played through was beyond shadowgate which I enjoyed. godzilla sucks. DBZ sucks; the megadrive version of DBZ will always be my favorite. Air Zonk is overrated. Bonk is overrated. The control pad just feels less responsive than my snes. I guess maybe I was a bit disappointed by it because I had hoped that it would rival my snes.

the biggest disappointment was Fighting Street which was far worse than I had expected.

Damn, I still haven't opened my copy... should I just sell it? I remember the Arcade being horrific when I was a kid. I used to talk my Mom into giving me a few quarters at my local Randalls, while she was shopping, only to get my ass stomped by that Ninja asshole, every time.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I personally think Dragons Trap, AKA Adventure Island on PC Engine is the best English Huey. I know many others on the PCFX forums feel the same way. Although most consider Ninja Spirit or Soldier Blade to be the best English game.

Not to be confused with the English TG16 Hu Card Adventure Island.

It's a bit confusing.

Dragon's Trap is Wonder Boy, not Adventure Island.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Dragon's Trap is Wonder Boy, not Adventure Island.

Stop trolling, Sage. Hudson made a remake of Dragon's Trap for the PCE in Japan called Adventure Island, since the Master System original was never released in Japan despite FM soundtrack. Thank God, they did: finally 60fps smoothness. It was ported to the Turbo later on and called Dragon's Curse, but I still prefer to play it in Japanese for the extra challenge. Anyway, you know that!

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Hucards are second only to homecarts in terms of coolest medium used.

I have a respectable pile of TG-16/PCE stuff, and I am a fan. That being said, there is a certain je ne sais quoi missing from the library that is fulfilled in spades on both the Genesis and SNES. Quality skilled platforming seen in even in the early SMB 1 is elusive on the Turbo. Curved hills seen in Sonic - hard to find on Turbo. Color and sound are stellar, but it's games somehow lack speed and agility. Bonk controls like a lummox. where as Mario is quick. To make for this in lots of scrolling games like shooters. Kaze Kiri Ninja is agile, but the levels are nearly all flat... It was missing something.

nornor1

NEST Puppet
there are a lot of good games for it like others have said. I felt almost the same way when I 1st got my pce-duo-R. i was like meh this aint so great, then I looked up the games that are known to be good, and then hidden gems. I personally like the Street fighter 2 port, the pinball games, the schmups, splatterhouse.

Now the Panasonic 3DO and Atari Jaguar, I feel is more like that. you get that feeling of "damn only 5-10 really good games. LOL. im exaggerating a little. I have a 3DO and it collects dust.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I did not expect this level of ignorance on a Neo Geo forum of all places...what a great read...lol

really, Dave? because all you've done on Instagram is say how this place is full of "retards and assholes".

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Hahahaha.

What's up with that?

David Medina (nintega/agetnin/voivodian83/the_cassette_lord/The goblin with Down Syndrome/whatever the fuck he likes to call himself) likes to puff his chest all over social media about how hes a "real gamer" and likes to call places like neo-geo.com "cesspools" and how everyone there think they're better than everyone else. He's also a HUGE Nightwolve fan, if that tells you anything.

He likes to talk shit, but when its comes for you to respond, he's already deleted all of his posts, and/or blocked you, so it looks like he got the last word. This might be something for the mods to look out for, as he'll go on a res0-style tear and just go deleting posts like a scorched earth campaign.

A few days ago, hes on FB saying how he now wants to get into PCB's (GG starting to buy PCB's in 2019, BTW), then mysteriously this "Theo Dibiase" shows up, spamming shit up to get market access.

AND, welcome back!?

:mr_t: good to see youre still around, bud. everyone needs a break.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
David Medina (nintega/agetnin/voivodian83/the_cassette_lord/The goblin with Down Syndrome/whatever the fuck he likes to call himself) likes to puff his chest all over social media about how hes a "real gamer" and likes to call places like neo-geo.com "cesspools" and how everyone there think they're better than everyone else. He's also a HUGE Nightwolve fan, if that tells you anything.

He likes to talk shit, but when its comes for you to respond, he's already deleted all of his posts, and/or blocked you, so it looks like he got the last word. This might be something for the mods to look out for, as he'll go on a res0-style tear and just go deleting posts like a scorched earth campaign.

A few days ago, hes on FB saying how he now wants to get into PCB's (GG starting to buy PCB's in 2019, BTW), then mysteriously this "Theo Dibiase" shows up, spamming shit up to get market access.

:mr_t: good to see youre still around, bud. everyone needs a break.

Thanks for the heads up and welcome back bro.