Z80 Error ! - MVS MV-1FZS

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Now.. any ideas on the random reset before game start issue ? hmm...

Glad you figured out the z80 issue.

You could try disabling the watchdog by jumping J2 under the NEO-ZMC2. If the resets still happen it may point to a power issue. Otherwise with the jumper jumped its likely the board will crash instead of reset. I'm not sure how to diagnose the cause of such a crash.

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Now.. any ideas on the random reset before game start issue ? hmm...

I've been encountering the reset on a few boards I have been working on lately. There is a high correlation of it happening when inserting a new game or after clearing backup ram. On multislot the reset will happen a number of times (based on the number of slots). I would guess whats going on is the bios is allowing the game to initialize it's backup ram data (soft dips/etc) then forcing a reset. Since you have no battery the backup ram data will be lost when you power off the board.

Dropwire

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I've been encountering the reset on a few boards I have been working on lately. There is a high correlation of it happening when inserting a new game or after clearing backup ram. On multislot the reset will happen a number of times (based on the number of slots). I would guess whats going on is the bios is allowing the game to initialize it's backup ram data (soft dips/etc) then forcing a reset. Since you have no battery the backup ram data will be lost when you power off the board.

Sounds like your onto something, maybe I'll pop a battery in and test that theory. Thanks.