Game Informer is WAY more popular than we think.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I read them at Barnes and Noble once in a while when my wife is in there. Doesn't seem to be as funny as it used to be, but that's probably just this old man yelling at clouds.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
are you sure? if i go to the store right now and pick up a copy of MAD MAGAZINE am I gonna be blown away by the humor and the gall of the blokes writing it?

No clue - humor is subjective.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
read as "I still think Mad Magazine is funny"

OK, i'm going to go look at one at a magazine stand or something and I'll come back and make fun of you for liking it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I owned hundreds of Mad and Cracked issues when I was a kid. Don't know what it's like now but it's so weird that it clearly shaped me and yet I can't remember too much of that time now.

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
read as "I still think Mad Magazine is funny"

OK, i'm going to go look at one at a magazine stand or something and I'll come back and make fun of you for liking it.

I havent read it since they relaunched it.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I used to work for gamestop and had to push that magazine and subscriptions all the time. Like if a new game is $60 the used game is $54.99, if the game new is $20, they sell it used for $17.99. GTFO with that shit. I'll take the new game thank you very much

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I owned hundreds of Mad and Cracked issues when I was a kid. Don't know what it's like now but it's so weird that it clearly shaped me and yet I can't remember too much of that time now.

Cracked was awesome too, I used to read both of them for a while. It's kind of a shame that Cracked seems to be a clickbait website now, a few years back they at least still have funny and relevant articles.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Yep, Mad and Cracked used to be great reads when I was a teen. I've still got a cardboard box full of all my old issues squirreled away somewhere. But who would win in a fight, Alfred E. Neuman or Sylvester P. Smith?

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I got a game informer subscription with the game stop membership. It was ok. Like everyone has said, the internet has pretty much replaced the need for these.

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
Yep, Mad and Cracked used to be great reads when I was a teen. I've still got a cardboard box full of all my old issues squirreled away somewhere. But who would win in a fight, Alfred E. Neuman or Sylvester P. Smythe?

FTFY

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I was about to mention how useless Costco Connection since I also get them for free as part of its membership. Of course it is #3 on the list.

You know you can get your law degree at Costco, right? Welcome to Costco - I love you.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I have the subscription for the discount.
Every time I flip through an issue though, I end up thinking it's just as boring as PC magazines back in the day. Makes me want to grab some of my old gamefan mags for kicks.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I have the subscription for the discount.
Every time I flip through an issue though, I end up thinking it's just as boring as PC magazines back in the day. Makes me want to grab some of my old gamefan mags for kicks.

bruh you've been gone for like a year, whatcha been up to

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Yeah, Game Informer is pretty dry these days; it used to be a lot more humorous back in the 90s and early 2Ks. Like, they'd have a screenshot of Coco Bandicoot riding a tiger in Crash 3, and a caption saying, "That's not the first tiger Coco's ridden in her life.", which I choose to interpret as a reference to her fucking Tiny Tiger (a Crash boss character if you're unfamiliar) cowgirl style. Matt and Reiner used to trade insults about collecting Star Wars figures, not being able to get a girlfriend, etc. I think they just grew up and forgot how to have fun.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
You don't get Game Informer with the regular membership, only the Pro tier. You used to get Game Informer with the regular tier but that was a long time ago.