Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Looks pretty good. I wonder if it will see a 2019 release, or if we're looking at sometime in 2020.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Looks pretty good. I wonder if it will see a 2019 release, or if we're looking at sometime in 2020.

I'm 99.9% sure that it will be a launch title for Xbone2 / PS5 and will have a gimped version available for Xbone and PS4. So, 2020 or 2021.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
I'm 99.9% sure that it will be a launch title for Xbone2 / PS5 and will have a gimped version available for Xbone and PS4. So, 2020 or 2021.

You're probably right. From the gameplay footage it sort of looks like a more refined Fallout 4. What I really hope is that they manage to make the lore/world as strong as the Witcher series.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
You're probably right. From the gameplay footage it sort of looks like a more refined Fallout 4. What I really hope is that they manage to make the lore/world as strong as the Witcher series.

I haven't had a chance to watch the footage yet, but the teaser from E3 was kind of off-putting because it didn't seem gritty in the cyberpunk sense. It was almost bubble-gum, neon mohawk, Hot Topic mall-core aesthetic. If that changes, I might hold off on buying a PS4 until this comes out on PS5, since it will almost definitely be backwards compatible (the one good thing about using x86 hardware). The last real cyberpunk game was probably Deus Ex, but even that was more Matrix than Blade Runner or Neuromancer.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I watched the 4K upload of that vid last night and was impressed. The PC running the game is using a single 1080ti and I hope they spend all the time they need optimizing the game for consoles so it does not see a huge downgrade outside of PC.

I also believe this will launch with new hardware and get a slightly downgraded version for current gen systems. Or, they release on current gen and a year later bring out the "next gen" edition taking advantage of the new hardware. Either way, I'm in.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
OK, I watched the demo and I'm blown away. This is pretty close to what I'm looking for. It's going to be worth the absurdly long wait. How long ago was that teaser? 3 or 4 years?

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Damn! No wonder it took them 8 years to make this game. It looks fucking tight!

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
This looks more FPS orientated than rpg focused. Which in that respect, is kind of a disappointment to me. The game does look pretty good that being said. It's a very interesting world with great interaction. Maybe a bit too ambitious but cd projekt red has a good track record so they get the benefit of a doubt. And I still have high hopes for this game.

That being said this game seems like it has been in development forever and I hope they can get it out by 2019. But it does seem more likely that they will release this with the next gen hardware in mind.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
There is speculation that they used a government grant to fund its development under the condition that it had to launch by mid-2019. I wish I could remember where I saw it.

edit: You also have to remember that CD Projekt Red is historically and primarily a PC developer, and "next gen" hardware already exists there. The PS5 and Xbox Two almost certainly won't match a 2080 and a hgher-end CPU that will both be at retail shortly.

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
They got $7 million to develop aspects of the game. I doubt that means that the game has to be completed and published by the mid-2019 deadline. Also, they could likely have the deadline extended.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
From what I understand, this game will launch on PS4 and XB1 as well as PC. I want this game in VR on my Oculus.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I watched the 4K upload of that vid last night and was impressed. The PC running the game is using a single 1080ti and I hope they spend all the time they need optimizing the game for consoles so it does not see a huge downgrade outside of PC.

I sure am glad about that. I just bought that exact video card and paid through the nose for it (thanks, Bitcoin miners). This is the only AAA game on the horizon that I’m interested in outsid of the system shock reboot.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I can easily see a cross platform scenario just like with gta5 which came out for the xbox360/ps3 and got a much enhanced version for the next gen. Looking at the demo, this game will be pushing the limits of current gen consoles but will be interesting to see the kinds of compromises being made. And I agree with panda, this game looks like it would be great for vr.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'm looking forward to this on PC at 4K :D

Seriously if a game comes out for consoles but it's available on PC I'm not sure why you'd bother with the console if you want it to look as best as it can.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
I'm looking forward to this on PC at 4K :D

Seriously if a game comes out for consoles but it's available on PC I'm not sure why you'd bother with the console if you want it to look as best as it can.

I'll pretty much have to upgrade my PC if I don't want it to look or run like shit. Getting it for PS4 would be a much cheaper alternative and a route many will take.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The demo is running 1080p / 30 (?) fps on a GTX 1080 Ti, if anyone is curious. Devs said it wasn't optimized though.

GTX 1080 Ti could run Witcher 3 ultra settings at 4K / 60 fps (if you turn off few settings like hair rendering).

In comparison, XB1 X could run it at 4K (native) / 30 fps

And PS4 Pro 2K (checkerboard) / 30 fps.

My expectations:

Currently-available high end PC's will be able to run the final game at 1080p / 60 fps or 2K / 30 fps.

Current gen consoles: 1080p / 30 fps (with slightly lowered settings, and excluding base systems)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'm glad they chose to move it to September with FF7 remake coming out in march, april was a bit close.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Yes it was.
A five month delay for Cyberpunk is quite hefty though.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Sue me for not keeping up.

With ps5 looming can you blame them for delaying?

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if all these games are delayed until PS5 launch. At the very least they’ll release PS5 enhanced versions not long after.