Streets of Rage 4 Reveal Trailer

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
"It’s too soon to tell anything, but we want to be generous in terms of content, so stay tuned."

That was the only thing I got out of that interview otherwise it was just a dick stroking party...

Didn't read the article, but this better be a straight up side scroller beat em up. I don't want RPG elements and metroidvania esq back tracking and ability unlocking. So many of these indie games or new/old franchise games are doing that to fluff up the games.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Name me well made western side scrolling beat'em ups. At least a few..
It's almost impossible.
(Edit: three dirty dwarfs is one)
I will bite my lip but I hate Sega for going this direction after all these years.
What could have been and what will be.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
DD Neon was alright. There is also the RCR sequel, but I haven't tried it personally.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Didn't read the article, but this better be a straight up side scroller beat em up. I don't want RPG elements and metroidvania esq back tracking and ability unlocking. So many of these indie games or new/old franchise games are doing that to fluff up the games.

I am hoping for a solidly hard game akin to Streets 3 where playing on easy will only give you part of the game.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Streets-of-Rage-4_2018_12-28-18_002.jpg

They gave Blaze some serious thighs.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
The gif animation looked pretty smooth.

Agreed, though it’s odd to see an offical gif of gameplay rather than a new trailer clip or video. I hope those rumors about the devs trying to get Yuzo Koshiro involved for sound and music prove to be true.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Agreed, though it’s odd to see an offical gif of gameplay rather than a new trailer clip or video. I hope those rumors about the devs trying to get Yuzo Koshiro involved for sound and music prove to be true.

God I hope so!

I picked up the DD SOR 2 soundtrack Vinyl the other day.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Game is looking nice.

Agreed, make it tough to beat - like a bullet hell shooter but in side scroller beat em up form.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
It looks like 2 outlines of other characters behind Blaze and Axel.

One with a guitar and the other with a cybernetic arm.

I am hopeful it means more playable characters.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
It looks like 2 outlines of other characters behind Blaze and Axel.

One with a guitar and the other with a cybernetic arm.

I am hopeful it means more playable characters.

Yeah I am thinking Skate and Zan possibly?

Though I really hope its not Zan because he really sucks ballz!

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Played this at PAX East and it was really fun. It feels a little slower than old SoR but makes up for it in the juggling system to pass enemies back and forth. Alex is definitely the new “heavy” character where Blaze feels like the balanced one. I assume Skate will be in as the speed character but he has not been shown.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
Name me well made western side scrolling beat'em ups. At least a few..
It's almost impossible.
(Edit: three dirty dwarfs is one)
I will bite my lip but I hate Sega for going this direction after all these years.
What could have been and what will be.

Oh fuck off. Anyone could make a beat 'em up better than anything Sega ever thought about. The only reason there aren't a lot of western beat 'em ups is because the genre was basically dead by the mid 90s and everyone had moved on. I find the whole notion of Japan being on some other plane of existence insulting, really. Contemporary Japanese games are trash compared to western games. They basically never adapted to the internet age (they still couldn't make an MMO or online FPS to save their lives). They're technically backward and primitive, too.

Sega has to be the most overrated producer of beat 'em ups in the history of gaming. Their beat 'em ups were always second rate trash compared to anything Capcom did.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Oh fuck off. Anyone could make a beat 'em up better than anything Sega ever thought about. The only reason there aren't a lot of western beat 'em ups is because the genre was basically dead by the mid 90s and everyone had moved on. I find the whole notion of Japan being on some other plane of existence insulting, really. Contemporary Japanese games are trash compared to western games. They basically never adapted to the internet age (they still couldn't make an MMO or online FPS to save their lives). They're technically backward and primitive, too.

Sega has to be the most overrated producer of beat 'em ups in the history of gaming. Their beat 'em ups were always second rate trash compared to anything Capcom did.

This post is so retarded and ignorant it's not even worth engaging.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Played this at PAX East and it was really fun. It feels a little slower than old SoR but makes up for it in the juggling system to pass enemies back and forth. Alex is definitely the new “heavy” character where Blaze feels like the balanced one. I assume Skate will be in as the speed character but he has not been shown.

Glad to hear some real life experience of it!

Was it fluid? Was it as smooth as the originals?
The Juggling system looked a interesting concept to me that could make it fun with online or offline co op.

Just to check though you mean Axel right? or is there a new character called Alex?

Like opt said this is so full of retarded stupidity and holes I aint touching that shit.