Streets of Rage 4 Reveal Trailer

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
lmbo, no I like you dude, wasn't demeaning you, I like your posts and I like your intent. I was legitimately asking if you were the guy who liked Streetwise, which I never played.

Haha. Yep was me. The feel of the gameworld is so close to Southtown in FF1 which to me is unbeatable.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuzo_Koshiro

Looking up his wiki page it seems the guy is still busy.

And yet, I wonder how he feels whenever someone comes up to him and says they loved his music in SOR, which was 26 years ago.

The guy peaked 26 years ago in SOR2 and is legendary. I just wonder how he feels about that. He was so young, younger than I am now, to make that music. No one ever tells him 'wow I loved your work in Etrian Odyssey/Wangan Midnight Maximum whatever/Zork/etc'. It's all about Streets of Rage.

Streets of Rage, the series with music so legendary the people still think of Yuzo with only those games and none others.

I bet this guy has put so, so much work into many other video games in the 26 years and he's still recognized for only one series. I wonder how he feels about that. He was about 25 when he did the SOR2 soundtrack. He's 50 now. What a talented man.

How about.. George Harrison who wrote all the good stuff 50 years ago? That's crazy. Everything he's done since is relatively. Insignificant. It's gotten worse with the years in fact.
I guess it is not just the music and the musician but the whole context. If SoR2 had been a bad game I doubt most people would remember Yuzo.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I’m kind of ambivalent about this. I’ll wait to see what you fagits think of it before buying.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
How about.. George Harrison who wrote all the good stuff 50 years ago? That's crazy. Everything he's done since is relatively. Insignificant. It's gotten worse with the years in fact.
I guess it is not just the music and the musician but the whole context. If SoR2 had been a bad game I doubt most people would remember Yuzo.

lmbo george died in 2001, maybe you mean Paul McCartney. unless that was a joke

But yeah I get your point. I think it must be frustrating, as an artist, for everyone to think of that perfect thing you did so early on in your career that it completely and utterly overshadows any other thing you've done since.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

And yet, I wonder how he feels whenever someone comes up to him and says they loved his music in SOR, which was 26 years ago.

The guy peaked 26 years ago in SOR2 and is legendary. I just wonder how he feels about that. He was so young, younger than I am now, to make that music. No one ever tells him 'wow I loved your work in Etrian Odyssey/Wangan Midnight Maximum whatever/Zork/etc'. It's all about Streets of Rage.

Streets of Rage, the series with music so legendary the people still think of Yuzo with only those games and none others.

I bet this guy has put so, so much work into many other video games in the 26 years and he's still recognized for only one series. I wonder how he feels about that. He was about 25 when he did the SOR2 soundtrack. He's 50 now. What a talented man.

His music in Actraiser on the Super Nintendo was fucking amazing also.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Super adventure island also has an amazing sound track. Shout out for revenge of shinobi (shadow dancer’s soundtrack seems totally influenced by this), the Y’s games and Dragon Slayer 4/legacy of the wizard.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

I'm sure there are a lot of game music composers who have worked their entire careers and not been recognized by name for anything they've done. Composers recognized for one thing, even if decades ago, are still ahead of the game.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Oh for sure. I just wonder how he feels knowing his best-known work is his earliest.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Oh for sure. I just wonder how he feels knowing his best-known work is his earliest.

Well hes practically a god because of it so not to bad I would think!
But I get what your saying, Would be nice to be god like for a modern thing to.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Blaze looks ok. Axel looks like a Bum and that fighting stance looks retarded. Who even ties a sweater around their waste anymore? Looks like he's wearing Capri's.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Blaze looks ok. Axel looks like a Bum and that fighting stance looks retarded. Who even ties a sweater around their waste anymore? Looks like he's wearing Capri's.

Agreed, Blaze looks good and pretty "original" despite the art style.

Axel looks terrible, I mean the dude is dressed like a hobo, Whats with the ripped short jeans and the tied jumper?
Not to mention hes bouncing about like a kid whos had to much sugar!

Really hope they sort that out....

JohnnyFever

Mr. Big's Thug
Yuzo's work on Revenge of Shinobi is my favorite... The first level music... So good. You can get the soundtrack on iTunes. I love it. There are also some dudes on youtYou that do some amazing piano covers of how stuff. It's timeless.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I loved Lizardcube's remake of Wonderboy 3, but I just can't get into art direction for this game. Axel doesn't look like a badass, he looks like a panhandler (which is kinda badass in its own way, I guess).

If they go in a rock direction for the soundtrack, I'll probably skip this. The music in the trailer kinda ruined it for me. Koshiro's music defined this series, and it won't be Streets of Rage without it.