Streets of Rage 4 Reveal Trailer

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Love the art style and animation, and the character design updates are perfect. I hope the music is just as kickass as the previous versions. Really looking forward to playing this!

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Love the art style and animation, and the character design updates are perfect. I hope the music is just as kickass as the previous versions. Really looking forward to playing this!

I swear the innanet is some kind of twilight zone sometimes

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I tried that a little while back and for some reason nobody could explain it would freeze a few seconds into the opening. The only suggestion anyone had was use an older version of Retropie. They've probably fixed that bug since then though, I should give it a look.

Yeah I think it was broken by a retropie update a while back but it works flawlessly with the newest version using floobs YT guide.

There's plenty of Beats of Rage material. The problem is most are junk. I'd love to have a curated list of qualty BoR projects.

BOR has always been crap! It was a poor imitation with janky controls.
Played the first few levels then turned it off never to be played again.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I got it running on a pi today.

Not exactly a console but can play lots of console games to ;)

You can get it running on a modded ogxbox as well, although you may struggle to find the file now with the way things are ATM with rom sites and such.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
You can get it running on a modded ogxbox as well, although you may struggle to find the file now with the way things are ATM with rom sites and such.

Ahh yeah I forgot they released it for the XB.

Didnt they release it for the DC as well??
And maybe the Wii?

Its been hard to find for a while after Sega threw a paddy about it but I still know a place to get the PC version (which also runs on pi).

cat

Ahh yeah I forgot they released it for the XB.

Didnt they release it for the DC as well??
And maybe the Wii?

Its been hard to find for a while after Sega threw a paddy about it but I still know a place to get the PC version (which also runs on pi).
Don't know about a wii version, but i'm pretty sure there's a dreamcast one, i've never looked into it though, play's fine on the xbox once you patch it, lock's up otherwise like gohan say's happen's with the pi version.

Last edited:

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Don't know about a wii version, but i'm pretty sure there's a dreamcast one, i've never looked into it though, play's fine on the xbox once you patch it, lock's up otherwise like gohan say's happen's with the pi version.

Can you shed some light on that patch? I’ve managed to install it on my OG Xbox and play it, but the game becomes unplayable the next time I boot it up.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I'll wager money that Capcom revives Final Fight within the next 2 years.
Hopefully it'll be a thousand times removed from this junk

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
As always, I will wait to see more before passing judgement.

As it stands, I think the trailer looked fine. It hyped me to see more, so it did its job.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Way too excited for this. But I was excited for bloodstained and now I'm cancelling that.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I couldn't believe it when I saw the trailer on Monday, but when the gameplay clips were shown I couldn't help but feel disappointed.
I'm pleased it's 2D though, hopefully the graphics will improve and I'll warm to it overtime.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I'm surprised to hear so many aren't happy with the graphics. The game looks great. Hopefully there will be enough interaction with the backgrounds so that they don't feel too much like static backdrops. Would be nice of those guys in the background playing mahjong had even a tiny bit of animation to give the level more life. But yeah, gameplay will be everything. So far so good.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I'm fine with it. I would love to have Yuzo doing the music which would seal the deal 100% for me.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I'm surprised to hear so many aren't happy with the graphics. The game looks great. Hopefully there will be enough interaction with the backgrounds so that they don't feel too much like static backdrops. Would be nice of those guys in the background playing mahjong had even a tiny bit of animation to give the level more life. But yeah, gameplay will be everything. So far so good.

I'm not going to reiterate myself more than this here present post because it adds nothing to this thread and if so many are happy with this thing then maybe I'm in the wrong.
I think it's paramount to sacrilege. They farmed one of the most revered titles Sega has in their arsenal to some unproven western company, it's a joke but everyone is jubilant. I just don't get it. This is Streets of Rage and not Bare Knuckles and I can't emphasize this enough. It's a plastic diamond.
The graphics to me look like Saturday morning cartoon material spliced with an early 2000s flash game.
As I say though, each to their own.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I would have preferred something along the lines of the fan made SOR Remake but more polished. Maintain the Pixelated Retro Art Style but for 2018. Kind of how they did it with Shovel Knight Specter of Torment. I'm keeping an open mind though and not ready to shit on it just yet.

cat

Can you shed some light on that patch? I’ve managed to install it on my OG Xbox and play it, but the game becomes unplayable the next time I boot it up.
There's one file in the download that you need to replace/overwrite via FTP with the patched file but i can't remember which one it is, sorry it was a while ago now.

nornor1

NEST Puppet
The new Shaq-Fu game looks better than this. Im sure it will be fine though. as others have said, if they nail the controls, and the Music, Im fine with that. Im still waiting for that Paprium game from Water Melon games, that may or may never come out.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I like the graphics and ok with seeing some old favorites come back to life. Character selection better be thick, not just Axel and Blaze.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
lmbo, no I like you dude, wasn't demeaning you, I like your posts and I like your intent. I was legitimately asking if you were the guy who liked Streetwise, which I never played.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuzo_Koshiro

Looking up his wiki page it seems the guy is still busy.

And yet, I wonder how he feels whenever someone comes up to him and says they loved his music in SOR, which was 26 years ago.

The guy peaked 26 years ago in SOR2 and is legendary. I just wonder how he feels about that. He was so young, younger than I am now, to make that music. No one ever tells him 'wow I loved your work in Etrian Odyssey/Wangan Midnight Maximum whatever/Zork/etc'. It's all about Streets of Rage.

Streets of Rage, the series with music so legendary the people still think of Yuzo with only those games and none others.

I bet this guy has put so, so much work into many other video games in the 26 years and he's still recognized for only one series. I wonder how he feels about that. He was about 25 when he did the SOR2 soundtrack. He's 50 now. What a talented man.