Streets of Rage 4 Reveal Trailer

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I hope they build upon the gameplay of streets of rage 3 and don't just rehash. That beard on axel is pretty cool though.

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I was just thinking more things needed to be ruined unnecessarily

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I thought they would have gone the Sonic Mania/fan project route (re-use sprites/assets while adding some new flourishes) for Streets of Rage 4. I’ll wait until they show more.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Gross. I really dislike the art style.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Artwork aside, it's going to come down to the controls....

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I might have missed it, but did they mention which systems it's going to be available for?

Tech&Music

Another Striker
I thought they would have gone the Sonic Mania/fan project route (re-use sprites/assets while adding some new flourishes) for Streets of Rage 4. I’ll wait until they show more.

I remember SEGA pulling a Nintendo on a SoR fanmade HD remake right around the time Christian Whitehead's Sonic CD re-release came out. Somehow, the more loose, fan friendly approach on Sonic fangames, mods and hacks, doesn't apply to anything else SEGA makes. If only those guys got hired for a SoR Mania, we wouldn't have this shite.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Not enough footage in the trailer for me to be able to form any kind of opinion TBH, but i'd be lying if i said that i've not wanted this game for a very, very, very long time.
Wonder boy dragon's trap is a fantastic game so lizardcube have the pedigree to deliver.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I am both excited and horrified by this news...

SOR is my favorite game franchise ever, I have completed all of them on every difficulty more times than I have had roast dinners and I have been waiting for SEGA to re-release it forever.

Now I am really quite scared they are going to massively fuck this up by making the controls to "modern" or some other stupid shit.
I am also a little concerned that only Axel and Blaze were shown, I am hoping its just early days but whats with the beard???

Time will tell, I would like to see more footage of gameplay but I actually quite like the art style, least they have not tried to go 3D with it.

fake

15 Year Member
I might have missed it, but did they mention which systems it's going to be available for?

iPad and Leapfrog tablets.

PS: Axel's beard is mostly likely ripped from "Hot Ryu".

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

GameGear

The biggest kicker in all of this is that SOR4 is finally on the way after being dreamed about, after it not coming out for Saturn or Dreamcast it is finally upon us and we would see why Sega has so looked after this much revered franchise. You'd expect bells and whistles. This is the official fourth itteration.
And it looks like this: akin to that Thundercats reimagining that is coming out.

So far away are we from the origins of this very japanese franchise that this game probably won't be called Bare Knuckles in Japan and translated to Streets of Rage in the West. This is a western game for western audience.

Very similar take to what Capcom did with Final Fight Streetwise

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
If its only going to be on mobile devices its screwed before its started.

Seeing as wonder boy got a switch release you would "assume" that lizardcube would release this on switch as well, but let's not mince words here, this is massive for sega fanboy's like myself so i'd have though it would get a release across the board so to speak.

Last edited:

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Seeing as wonder boy got a switch release you would "assume" that lizardcube would release this on switch as well, but let's not mince words here, this is massive for segs fanboy's like myself so i'd have though it would get a release across the board so to speak.

Absolutely, But SEGA in recent years have a track record of screwing up so I am hoping and preying they dont go doing a Sonic 4 on it.

If it only came out on the switch though I would prob end up buying a switch....

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
My prediction is slippery movement and controls.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
excited for SOR4 but this looks like shit. I hope I'm wrong when the final product comes out

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i'm actually loving this. older bearded axel looks dope!. can't wait to see more.