Aes 161 in 1 not booting

bochi

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hi guys I finally got my fusion converter but my 161 cart is not booting. I tried other carts and they work but not this one. My aes rev is 3-5 and my account adapter is rated for 2.5a
All I get is garbage on screen.

bochi

Cheng's Errand Boy
I think it's the power supply. I tested the cart on an mvs and it works.
Does anybody have a link for a more powerful power supply?

bochi

Cheng's Errand Boy
Yep just tested it on an mvs.
I'm trying to find a 4 or 5 amp ac adapter.
Does anybody have a link for one?

Carless Walker

Kabuki Klasher
If it's a 3-5, you're more than likely using a 10VDC adaptor, is that correct? If so, I think a 4-5 amp is very much overkill. If the 161-in-1 is pulling that much amperage, I wouldn't want it in my AES.
That said, http://www.jameco.com is a good place to start looking.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Is the 161in1 "known" to be a working cart, without doubt?
I can confirm that the cart works on my home system with the first run of Fusion converter, but these things are such junk who can tell. I'm running a Genesis AC adapter so I'm only putting out 1.2 amps I think. Usually it's only the 5v systems that are power hungry with these carts.

bochi

Cheng's Errand Boy
My aes uses a 5v ac adapter.
It's the only cart that does not work with the fusion converter.

furrtek

Super Sidekicks 2
The 161-in-1 and bootlegs in general aren't guaranteed to work with the converter.
Most of those just barely work, so the slight delay and voltage drop that the converter incurs may prevent them for working.

That's not the case with official releases as they allow more variation on those two factors (delay and voltage).

If a brand new converter doesn't work with original games, I'll exchange it free of charge and will also handle shipping fees.
That actually happened once because of poor solder joints which probably cracked during transport.

Otherwise, I'm legally obliged to accept returns-for-refund for 20 days after purchase (buyer handles shipping fee).