Front AV on Bandridge Switch No Video Issue

funkified

Edo Express Delivery Guy
So just moved and pulled out my PVM 20M2MDU with my manual bandridge switch (GB purchase from the forum)

Hooked everything back up, I have leads for a SNES, PS1/PS2, Model 1 Genesis.

My BNC/audio breakout was made by Yodd, he also provided me the other scart cables mentioned a handful of years back iirc.

Anyways I had never used the front Svid/RCA input before. So I tried it out today with my N64 OEM video cable and got nothing but audio. Tried out the SNES, PSOne and PS2, and I get the same result.

The Sony’s and the SNES work fine with their direct scart cable when plugged in the back. The Genny has audio and video issues, but that’s another problem entirely.

There is no input in the AV1 at the back.

Am I doing something wrong or is my unit defective for the front AV?

Reason I want this to work is to see if my PS/PS2 light gun games on the PVM through the switch.

Thanks in advance!

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
It would also help if you would specify what type of sync those scart cables are using (CSYNC, LUMA, or composite video).

Some bandridge switchers don't like CSYNC according to videogameperfection. Chances are your Genesis scart cable is wired for CSYNC. It also might not have the proper 75 ohm attenuation on it hence no picture on your genesis

but for lightgun games you could always just get a SCART cable + RCA connector like this

41AF3955-E9B5-456A-8A48-1088C9B454C9.jpeg

correct me if im wrong, but you're trying to run S-video cords into your bandridge front port, output through scart through the bnc connectors?

Last edited:

funkified

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Hmmm I am unsure of which type of sync the cables are actually, I can’t remember at this point.

For the Genesis, I get video but it’s choppy and the colors are off, the audio produced a lot of interference, if I plug into the Genny directly (via the front headphone jack) the sound is fine.

For the light gun games, I’m not even going for S-Video, just RCA. Haven’t even plugged the gun in since no picture was produced. Thanks for the heads up on the scart with gun input though, that is very handy.

And yes, I’m trying to input with front RCA, and output through the Scart/BNC breakout.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
easiest answer is usually the actual answer...sounds like the front AV port (or the video port, since you said you had audio) is bad...I'd check for cold solder joints on the port before I went crazy with anything else