Who else refuses social media of any kind?

No Facebook
No Insta
No Twitter
No Linkedin
No Snap
No Kik
I refuse to even do a Facetime or Skype calls

A few forums are the only thing I do, this being my home base and I dont post much. Who else is a social media hating self made social reject?

Also does chat count? here or on twitch, because if so I am faking the funk.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I deleted my Facebook some time ago, haven't had the need to get back into it unless I had to sign into a service that was linked to my Facebook to change the login settings. It feels much better.

Why not FaceTime or Skype? What's inherently wrong with just a video chat? It's almost as ubiquitous as a phone call now.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I got rid of everything but Twitter a few years ago. I barely use that either, but there are a few people who only contact me there. I was finding that checking these things daily was a huge time suck. After having a kid time is a precious commodity, so social media had to go.

Getting rid of it all had the side effect of completely alienating myself from most everyone. If people don't see you on your Facebook feed you essentially don't exist in this day and age. I'm not even talking about these youngins but old 40 something farts like myself. It's pretty sad, but fuck em if they've forgotten how to email and call.

I dont want to see your face, video calls just feel extra awkward. I see its place for families and stuff though. Doesnt everyone else just text, Id much rather text than call anyone. Not counting my weekly phone call to grandma, who is 93 and still uses a land line with a curly cord and all, even still uses an answering machine with an actual cassette in it, grandma is a social media avoiding OG.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I have a Facebook that I pretty much never check. The only reason it's still active is because it's tied to my Spotify account.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
When facebook started all my female friends were in their twenties and all of my male friends had girlfriends and wives in their twenties. It was occasionally fun to look at their holiday photos.

Now they're all 40 and I don't need to see that.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've never once had a social media account.

My decision never had anything to do with tinfoil hats (though, I guess I can kind of understand that train of thought to certain degrees).

It really just started with my lurking of myspace as a young man being like "Ugh, she's friends with that loser? Oh no, that chick is friends with those poseurs?! Those poseurs are friends with THAT band. I know if I sign myself up my fragile psyche will be pulverized once the lack of validation/rejection kicks in, because I KNOW IM COOLER THAN EVERYONE!"

Silly, but I'm still social medialess today. Though I should have signed up for makeoutclub.com when I had the chance. That could have been cool.

Sometimes I think about getting an instagram account, but I just don't know if I could handle it. IT WOULD BE QUITE THE JUGGLING ACT.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Getting rid of it all had the side effect of completely alienating myself from most everyone. If people don't see you on your Facebook feed you essentially don't exist in this day and age.

NO NO NO NO! Damn it all. I knew I wasted my youth I knew it.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm not sure if it's classed as social media, but I would be all over tinder if I was single, I envy younger people that one. Didn't even exist last time I was a free agent.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm not sure if it's classed as social media, but I would be all over tinder if I was single, I envy younger people that one. Didn't even exist last time I was a free agent.

I've never used tinder but if we're classifying dating technology as social media, then yes, I've had a social media
account.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i have a lot of groups i'm following on facebook and that's the only reason i still go on it.

facebook was fun in the beginning when you searches people you hadn't seen in twenty years, but even then i thought it was a site for trendy show offs who post pictures showing how great their life is.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I've got none of those and like VBA, a couple forums and this being base camp. I don't have time not a desire for them. I can call or email just fine.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I don't do any of those either. Though I would imagine you all would have guessed that.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You don't have to participate in social media to be on social media.....

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
No interest in social media sites, never been on facebook, twitter or any of the other usual suspect's.
I post here and was an active member on TIZ and that's just about it.
My age might have something to do with it, i'm 52 in october so i might have missed the boat with the whole social media shtick, it just doesn't appeal to me.
I got zero interest in putting my personal real life drama "out there" for everyone to peruse over, i'm not an attention seeker, i certainly don't crave my 15 minutes of fame, and i'm not someone who needs an internet hug from strangers when shit goes tits up.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I try to but its' hard to get by in this world especially at my age without it. Very fucking lonely when I deactivate my facebook. Very lonely even when I have my facebook, lol

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
No, I had a myspace account once long ago but that shit got annoying quick. This is my home.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I have a fecebook account that I don’t really use but I am pretty active on LinkedIn. Never tried any other social media.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I have a FB and twitter. FB is now mainly used for groups. We have a fighting game group for AZ which comes in handy when tournaments are announced and if people just want to gather and play games. I'm in some other gaming and learn japanese groups that can be helpful at times. But mostly its a big distraction from real shit. Twitter on the other hand is pretty great since its pretty easy to customize it to what you wanna see. So its mostly fighting game related things, and other video game stuff that shows up in my feed. But now that i follow sonic fox i get the occasional furry related post

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
I have a facebook account but I only log in maybe once a year. No other social media account. Privacy is a luxury these days.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Pretty sure neo-geo.com is a form of social media... SO YOU'RE ALL ON AT LEAST ONE! :keke:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I have facebook but it's mainly for keeping track of my relatives (cousins) and news.

I have Twitter, but I haven't logged in in years.