Windjammers 2 announced for switch

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Edit: Oh, they did the wonder boy port for switch? That makes me feel a little better. Maybe you’ll even be able to switch over to the original pixel art like you could in that game.

Yeah, they did, as I posted earlier. That’s why I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
its absurd they give such a niche of the niche game a sequel, but dont give Athena a proper new game on console. and they should port Awakening from an Ordinary Life, that game has some RPG qualities to it. Full throttle could got multiplatform, and they could get the Metal Slug team to make a Psycho Soldier 2.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
its absurd they give such a niche of the niche game a sequel, but dont give Athena a proper new game on console. and they should port Awakening from an Ordinary Life, that game has some RPG qualities to it. Full throttle could got multiplatform, and they could get the Metal Slug team to make a Psycho Soldier 2.

Windjammers isn’t niche anymore. The youtubers blew it up (I think giant bomb was the main culprit) and now the millenials are all into it.

But yeah, Athena and Psycho Soldier reboots would be tits. Athena has a lot of potential actually.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Arc System Works presents Windjammers Xnd ^ Core Plus

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Looks like trash, but I'll keep an eye peeled for a review.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Doesn't look good, but will wait and see how it turns out.

Sarumaru

Kabuki Klasher
I really do not like the art/character designs. With so many artists out there, couldn't they have found some deviantart or something that could somewhat mimic the style of the original game? Also, someone mentioned that it looks like a flash game, I totally agree. I don't have high hopes for it so hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised. Aesthetics are a big part of a game experience for me and I just don't like how this looks overall. Time will tell I suppose..

i hope this comes retail from limited run oder super rare games for switch. i don't buy digital games. a collection with the first part to be a dream...

Leback

Stakes Winner
I agree, looks like a flash game with bland colors. But hopefully it plays great, and it's nice to see a sequel to a niche game.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Can't wait and that animation is gorgeous!
They certainly have a good design team!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This is looking like that SF2 HD remake which made you think why even bother. I can't believe they went out of their way to dredge up an obscure game like windjammers to make a sequel which looks exactly the same but in HD. What a waste!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I can't believe they went out of their way to dredge up an obscure game like windjammers to make a sequel...

Obscure? Maybe, but it delves definitely deep into SNK's arcade roots, see Paddle Mania from 1988, thus being a reasoned and sincere submission to the family. This sequel however... just obscure.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Can't wait for them to reveal Irritating Stick 2!

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
When I was at PAX East DotEmu had a booth called the Arcade Crew with a line to play Windjammers 2 and Streets of Rage 4. Apparently early on Thursday some people did get to play Windjammers 2 but after that, something went wrong and they never showed it off for the rest of the con. Everything was running on laptops so I don't know if that possibly had anything to do with it being a no-show after Thursday. I got in line Thursday morning but by the time I got to the booth they were only letting people play Streets of Rage 4.