Windjammers 2 announced for switch

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Almost everywhere that reported this left off the most important part: "and PC."

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
Why not on PS4/Xbox?

They are loosing a lot of potential buyers!

lions3

Igniz's Servent
excited.. but some gameplay would be nice. Curious if they'll go pixel art or do something more 3d.. (hoping for pixels)

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I really dig the trailer but whats the game gonna look like? Also DotEmu? I dont know about that....

-SD-

Camel Slug
ieCpZqI.jpg

p8TkoG4.png

Last edited:

chimera

New Challenger
Wow this looks really great. I might actually buy a game for my Nintendo Switch now. I just hope it has online multiplayer and is not just offline co-op!

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I hope dotemu call pull this sequel off good given how data east is no more.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I hope dotemu call pull this sequel off good given how data east is no more.

Let's hope they're lazy enough to transfer everything from the original unchanged, so at least the gameplay will sty intact. I'm not a fan of those iOS-style graphic designs. Enhancing such a big classic can only end in messing it up. The big challenge is to adapt the controls onto the Switch specifics. Fingers crossed they'll deliver.

barto

Overtop Pathfinder
I’ll keep my eye in this but not holding out much hope
for it. But only time will tell and if it ends up
sucking oh I still have the original

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Why not on PS4/Xbox?

They are loosing a lot of potential buyers!

Maybe not. It seems most indie developers are saying that most of their sales are on Switch and PC these days even with the PS4's massive install base. PS4/Xbox users tend to stick with the AAA retail games.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Let's hope they're lazy enough to transfer everything from the original unchanged, so at least the gameplay will sty intact. I'm not a fan of those iOS-style graphic designs. Enhancing such a big classic can only end in messing it up. The big challenge is to adapt the controls onto the Switch specifics. Fingers crossed they'll deliver.

I totally agree. At least Gamadelic seems to be aboard so we can hope for an awesome soundtrack. Those in-game graphics look meh though already :(

xamot13

The Ultimate 11
I'd buy it 100% if there's a physical version. Digital only...not sure. Have to wait on reviews.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
characters look huge. need to see it in motion..
You can't imagine it in motion? Imagine those "fireball laser" effects in all their solid 2-color hard-line glory. If that isn't enough to imagine, picture that guy's body swinging as if it were a piece of paper on a little metal swivel.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I second that as well i sure don't want some cheaply made flash game.Most i know about dotemu is the ports they have done.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I second that as well i sure don't want some cheaply made flash game.Most i know about dotemu is the ports they have done.

Fwiw their port of Wonder Boy III delivered big time. Let’s hope they keep that up.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
here, this is the grandfather of Windjammers 2

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
This game looks like it is in need of quality motion blur.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I was hella excited when I saw this trailer pop up, but the graphics definitely have me concerned.

As much as I’ve always preferred hand drawn special move effects in 2D games to the CG ones from Naomi games, this could definitely benefit from switching to that more early 2000’s aesthetic. Those super move effects look like they’re gonna be a tween animation nightmare in motion.

I was really hoping, especially considering how many excellent pixel artists there are these days, that they would have just stuck with pixel art.

Edit: Oh, they did the wonder boy port for switch? That makes me feel a little better. Maybe you’ll even be able to switch over to the original pixel art like you could in that game.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'd buy it 100% if there's a physical version. Digital only...not sure. Have to wait on reviews.

So you'll buy a shitty game if its on a worthless piece of plastic, but you might not support a good game if its not?