List your influences

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
everything 80's and fighter pilots.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Beat me to it. Is GregN secretly some artist/musician/author and we never knew it?

Are we crazy? I can't believe this thread is still alive. I keep reading posts and thinking, "OK, but how has that influenced you?"

People are listing things they like and not explaining how it has influenced them.

I can say that when Akira Fudo gets beat up and knocked down in one of the Devilman OVAs (or movie?) near the beginning that it influenced me to never give up even when the odds are stacked against your favor.

This is a list thread of stuff people like with no discussion. And the way it was worded made it sound like, "What influences you (and by you, he means your work)?"

Kid I'm glad you're back btw, dunno when you'll leave again but I'll take it

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This is a list thread of stuff people like with no discussion. And the way it was worded made it sound like, "What influences you (and by you, he means your work)?"

When is it never not that here? 2 out of 20 instances?

Anyway,

Cornflakes
Pogs
Naxat Soft
Nicki Minaj
Elon Musck
Saved by the bell
Alphonse Mucha
Mark Zuckerberg
Bradlees

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
what I would give for a bowl of corn flakes right now tho

Ip Man

15 Year Member
talking about punk, any one know this band?. i clicked on the video because i thought the cover looked very 90's. not really a punk fan, more of a megadeth fan here but they sound pretty good i think.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
talking about punk, any one know this band?. i clicked on the video because i thought the cover looked very 90's. not really a punk fan, more of a megadeth fan here but they sound pretty good i think.

I really don't understand the motivation behind this post. "Let me pick a random punk video on youtube and be like, well what do you guys think? BTW I don't like punk!"

If you're mainly into older metal, there's probably a lot of old hardcore punk you might enjoy.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I really don't understand the motivation behind this post. "Let me pick a random punk video on youtube and be like, well what do you guys think? BTW I don't like punk!"

If you're mainly into older metal, there's probably a lot of old hardcore punk you might enjoy.

I really don't understand the motivation behind this post. "You mention you don't like punk, so here are two punk videos on youtube I think you'll enjoy!"

Ip Man

15 Year Member

nah, dude. what i wanted to know was if any one here ever heard of this band. yeah i'm not a big punk fan, but just a couple of days ago i discovered this band which i thought sounded pretty good. very uplifting punk band i thought. since people were posting about punk, i thought i'll ask about it.

thanks for the suggestions, though. i'm going to look into the english dogs.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I really don't understand the motivation behind this post. "You mention you don't like punk, so here are two punk videos on youtube I think you'll enjoy!"

LOL, that would have been a pretty good one madman! Pffft, how hypocritical would that have been, for me to call out bogord for doing something nonsensical, then turning around doing exactly what he did!!

Anyways, he said he likes MEGADETH and mid-ninties face to face is his only reference point for punk (which he seemed to randomly pick out of a hat), so I linked to punk that sounds like metal because Megadeth is METAL.

I hope your plan was to make me come back here to type all of this bullshit. If it was you won. But I'm not so sure this was your plan. Sometimes you miss key details...

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
be careful with that Discharge album. D-beat revival (particularly fake Japanese sounding d-beat, made by non-Japanese ppl) is the trendiest punk shit these days

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Oh absolutely!

His new band D-Bogardu could be right around the corner AND EVERYONE WILL LOVE THEM and will buy their shitty tapes!

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
green day were never real punks, any real fan of punk [TODaY]would never accept them, sorry about your poor taste. As far as sonic youth=alternative t. retard personality, its what you are best at.

you forgot that I calld you a little bitch or that you identify as one..maybe thats why you called me mad and I am wrong about that.. my taste is pure garbage= logically punk!? fixed your post some so you can be kind of right..? sonic youth was a rock band formed in the uhh 80 something so uhh yeah You probably still cant manual! skate punk also includes Fugazi who I should have mentioned I guess? I was so cool I didnt like nirverna after nevermind! and I checked wikipedia about sonic youth and it doesnt say alternative. noise ronk huh?

so influence instead of identified with? my previous serious attempt was that.

like when they say tell nothing but the truth and sarcastically i wana doggo? the big one was seeing that the world was/is going to turn to shit tho that has influenced me to not give much of a fuck and to not want to sire childrens