Tool's album Lateralus is puzzle

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
About 17 years late with this one, but I came across a post online that discusses how Lateralus is actually a puzzle that revolves around Fibonacci numbers. I'll just link below a article that explains it better.

So basically, after you learn the sequence, you discover the true order the songs on the album should be played in. This order renames the album to "Holy Gift". Now when you listen to the album the songs transition more smoothly.

The interesting thing about this is that track 13 is now in the middle, and the songs leading up to 13, and after 13, are all Fibonacci numbers that equal 13.

I'm sure some of you probably knew this long ago, but I just thought it was interesting, and that it might give some of you a reason to spin this album again.

Link to article that explains the puzzle:
http://jaced.com/2007/09/25/the-fibonacci-in-lateralus/

Link to Holy Gift:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
My brain hurts.

Isn't this something like watching Wizard of Oz and listening to Pink Floyd in some way makes the experience better or something.

Drop the bong.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
My brain hurts.

Isn't this something like watching Wizard of Oz and listening to Pink Floyd in some way makes the experience better or something.

Drop the bong.

No, not at all.

Rearranging the songs makes the album "flow" better.

Marek

Banned
Tool is the best band.

The new record will be out sooner than later

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Has it really been 17 years since Lareralus dropped? Geeezz, feeling old.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
This is interesting, OP. Tool are awesome. Kinda don't get why they just didn't release the album with this track order from the jump but I guess that also goes along with why Maynard doesn't blink.