Aretha Franklin, 1942 - 2018

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The soul of soul has gone. Thanks for all the music, Aretha.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I loved her work, both in music and in the civil rights movements. RIP

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
A legend, her music will last, she does a fab cover of the Ben E King track spanish harlem.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Absolutely hated her voice and living near Detroit meant seeing her sing too much. Oh they opened a new gas station, come see it sing. Oh it's a high school football game, come see it sing. Oh it's Wrestlemania III, come see it sing.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Absolutely hated her voice and living near Detroit meant seeing her sing too much. Oh they opened a new gas station, come see it sing. Oh it's a high school football game, come see it sing. Oh it's Wrestlemania III, come see it sing.
greg is remodeling, you should move in. it? Geez.Not really a fan just the same RIP. My srepdad had a mini cd of Ann Peebles I cant stand the rain that I loved tho.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I call for Tak to handout reasonable bans/account restrictions for the disrespective comments made in this/his condolences thread. This isnt in the warroom?

reminds me of. but maybe worse!
the song he is screeching might have some mortality to it, just something I watch when I want to hate everything more.

yuck.

Last edited:

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Didn't like her music but she was one helluva musician! RIP!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I had a party a few weeks ago where I had Think added to the party playlist. Love that video clip from a blues Brothers.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
She fought the Big C for many years... much respect for putting up that fight. Hats off for the talent as well. RIP.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Got a bit emotional over this loss. Her singing at Obama's inauguration always gets me a bit misty.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
What makes me sad is thinking about how she observed today’s America as she was leaving. Now that she’s gone, does she have insight to what our future has in store?