Am I losing my mind?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I went to a concert this evening. Afterwards, when I got back to my car in the parking garage, I noticed the driver's door was unlocked. Immediately got a sinking feeling in my gut.

I opened the door and noticed the mini cooler I brought with me was on the floor on the passenger side. I remember leaving it on the driver's seat (95% positive of this but can't be certain). The center console was open. Again, can't remember if I left it open but that would be unusual for me.

I quickly scanned the interior, checking to see if anything was missing. The portable nav unit I use since the built in one is shit was still attached to the windshield, as was the toll transponder. Phone charger was still plugged in. Glove box seemed to be undisturbed, and my knife and mini tool kit was still in the center console.

Despite all this, it felt like someone had been in there. I drove home with an uneasy feeling, trying to recall what I did when I left the car.

I lit a cigar and left the box of matches and cutter on top of the cooler that I thought was on the driver's seat, since security might not want me bringing that stuff into the venue. Did I get back into the car and move all that stuff onto the floor? If so, I don't remember it.

I doubled checked everything when I got home but found nothing amiss. I'm pretty sure I locked the door. Did I press the button as I removed the key fob from my pocket while approaching the car? The car has a feature that unlocks the door when the handle senses you reaching for it. Maybe that got activated accidentally.

I guess it doesn't really matter at this point. I'm going to go through all the menus and turn off all this automated shit. Getting old and forgetful sucks.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
How was the Bon Jovi concert?

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
As stated in chat. You can some this up with "TLDR; nothing happened".

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I say trust you gut instinct. I think someone rummaged through your car looking for something valuable and came up empty handed.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Relax, no one went inside your car, you just forgot to lock the door.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
It's called getting old bro, don't worry about it.

poutine

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Check the battery in your keys works, it might need replaced.

And get some sleep, this sounds like a GregN thread.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Will Wyo remember making this thread in the morning?

sr20det510

Geese's Limo Driver
Mini cooler involved, so that means you were partying before the concert. Maybe the person saw the cooler and door open and tried to himself to a beer or two.

Were you drinking before and during the concert?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Florida Man breaks into his own car, claims leprechauns did it.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Who was that guy that had pics in the desert? Pretty sure he was into Native Turquoise and silver jewelry??/ i lost minee%%% #acidflashback?

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
You probably forgot that you went back to your vehicle and rifled through your stuff. Happens to me sometimes. I know you said you checked your car thoroughly, but I'd check the glovebox one more time to be safe. Some thieves only want your paperwork(registration/insurance/passport/etc).

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
At a concert my guess is that the car was left unlocked and someone saw the cooler and decided to see if they could score a free beer. It doesn't sound like a real thief, probably just a drunk asshole.

Of course, Wyo could have been that drunk asshole...

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
LWK, faggot

thank you so much evil threatener. still not falling for your haze shenron shit but I am ready and waiting fatboi.

i very much associate him with asid for some reason..I miss my papa adderall and the times of him and ninny...and that one guy lhurgoyf or something about books or werewolves?? who was that? * loup garou

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah, someone was in your car.
You get used to it around here.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Thanks for the responses, guys :lolz:

Gonna chalk this one up to brain damage from too much heavy metal.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
mate Bon Jovi isn't heavy metal, better see a brain doctor

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
officer...I don't know how the hooker's body got in the trunk...