What medications are you on

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
post a picture of your rare records again. it's so impressive

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Lonesaj isn't a big of dissaaassociative carp common. With bipolar issues? Ie not something to mock? Sry ur mom sold ur games after u kilt that gurl

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Couldn't you just go to your Dr?

he won't give me any. says i have to talk to my special doctor who could recommend me ways to reduce my acid naturally, which never really works.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Bump!

Medication updates please.

I've been reading report after report on statins being underprescribed, that they're a great preventative with almost no side effects and we might as well just give them to everyone from their mid twenties. Now I'm not saying I agree with that, but I am thinking I'm in my 40s now, my cholesterol has always been at the high end of normal and might it be wise to just throw it in the mix?

Anyone else got anything new in their pill pot? Bet there's a few blue triangles creeping in by now my flaccid forum friends...

poutine

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I got a scare this year over high blood pressure and was near the threshold for 'pre-diabetes'. Beer, kebabs and Irn-Bru catching up on me finally. I'm actively losing weight to prevent needing to take medicine for it at 35 as it's all reservable if I act now, not in 5 years.

Lockdown I ordered a lot of Just Eat takeaways and drank far too much booze. Since lockdown I now work from home full time - so it's taken a scare to force me to make changes.

Now please go ahead and rip on me for being a fat fuck, it actively encourages me to lose weight :keke:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Don't drink during the week, it's too much. Eat as if you'd like to be hungry after 2 out of 3 meals a day and try be on your feet for at least half an hour a day.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Statins are legit.

I had high cholesterol, even during periods of strictly plant-based eating.

Don’t believe the hype, of ‘statins make my joints hurt.’ Glucosamine helps. *I’m not a typical case, as I also take tremfya for psoriatic arthritis which helps my joint pain.

Ymmv, but the benifits of statins far outweigh the cons, for me.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Statins were discovered naturally in a food source. It's an interesting background story.
The drugs are manufactured and not derived from red rice yeast anymore, but similar molecule structure.

I went on them a few years ago. Unbeknownst to me, I had a family history of naturally high cholesterol. Essentially, high resting cholesterol. I went veggie for a year, and the numbers didn't move at all. Your liver makes the vast majority of the cholesterol in your body, so the food component is minor. Went on statin's and they are in the perfect zone. Ideally, I would like to continue working on fitness to see if that impacts the numbers as well.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Statins were discovered naturally in a food source. It's an interesting background story.
The drugs are manufactured and not derived from red rice yeast anymore, but similar molecule structure.

I went on them a few years ago. Unbeknownst to me, I had a family history of naturally high cholesterol. Essentially, high resting cholesterol. I went veggie for a year, and the numbers didn't move at all. Your liver makes the vast majority of the cholesterol in your body, so the food component is minor. Went on statin's and they are in the perfect zone. Ideally, I would like to continue working on fitness to see if that impacts the numbers as well.
Any downsides?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Any downsides?

I’ve not had a single downside of statin use. They are akin to drinking water for me; a benefit to my body, that has no side effect.

** I started statins before tremfya-they did not give me muscle aches nor additional joint pain.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Any downsides?
potentially muscle cramps or mild muscle pain. I think that's why the initial recommendation is to take them at night.
Recent studies show this is much lower than originally noted.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Still no prescription meds here, just a multivitamin daily. Going in for a physical next week so maybe this is the year I have to cut back on the drinking and non-prescription drugs.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
I used to get bad heartburn and acids reflux… for years probably 10 years the over the counter stuff don’t work anymore the new family doc prescribed some proton pump inhibitor and I took it for like a month and everything been good for the last couple of years .

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I take nothing except recreative drugs but that is on an all time low. With 2 toddlers and a baby. Some belgium beer or a decent wine a couple nights per week. But even nothing enough to make you tipsy.
I count my lucky stars I never had a serious illness.