What medications are you on

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'll take the bait.

You sound like people who when I worked out 5-6 days a week would say, "you're lucky to eat like that and still be thin." Yeah--had NOTHING to do with all the hours of working out. People will find any excuse for their actions, or lack thereof. Where were my strong genetics when I used to eat like shit and party all the time and had health issues? As for lack of physical trauma, I've spent enough time in hospitals and physical therapy that I should get some sort of frequent flier card.

But yeah--it's all luck. Health has nothing to do with lifestyle. And fat people who eat garbage all day are just "big boned." Life is so unfair!

Alright, but...

He rightly recognises the role that living well plays in the equation though, there was no suggestion it was all down to chance.

Thank you

I TOOK THE BAIT, NOT YOU MAD MAN

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Diagnosed with Bipolar disorder in 1997. (Most people are diagnosed at 21) I've taken a menagerie of prescriptions throughout the years, but now I'm on:

Morning:
-I can't remember the name of it, but I've been on it a year for blood pressure.
-Latuda - newish med for bipolar depression.

Night:
Lithium - Been on this for years. One of the oldest medicines for Bipolar.
Olanzapine

I drink a lot of caffenine and once in a while drink beer/malt beverages

Luckily I get health care through the guv'ment otherwise I could never afford these meds.

When I take the meds, I function normally and it's like I don't even have bipolar. I might have a little anxiety, but I can work just fine. When body chemistry changes and certain ones don't work or I have a tramatic life event (ie. Death in the family, loss of job), I can go into a tailspin, have hallucinations, delusions of grandure, stay up for days at a time, etc.

I struggled a lot in my 20s-30s and had trouble holding jobs. I worked a lot of temp jobs. When my Mom died it really was tough. More recently, I was hospitalized last year in June and August, so far I've stayed out of the hospital this year.

I envy you people who don't take medications. A lot of people have 0 understanding of mental illness. People think we're all criminally insane/unstable and shoot up public places. It's hard to hold a steady job when you have mental illness. The mentally ill are swept under the rug and dismissed as subhuman. Nobody wants to talk about it and it's heavily stigmatized.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Hey dude! I was diagnosed on february 2014. As you my first treatment was Copaxone but after 2 years and 6 outbreaks the neurologist changed it to Gilenya (Fingolimod). A better and easiest treatment. I have to take a pill every 24 hours. Since the start with that treatment I had only 1 more outbreak -just at the very begin-. Right now I'm happy with it and I pray to no have more outbreaks.

I would like to suggest/encourage you to try to be more happiest as you can be, as when you get angry/depressed the MS attacks you.

Good luck with it bro.

Thanks! Sorry to hear you have MS too (I was wondering if anyone else here has it), but I'm glad that your current treatment is going good for you. I may have to switch to one of the other MS medications too if the Glatiramer Acetate doesn't work out for me (it's really too soon to say, as I've only been on it for a little over 3 weeks). I'd prefer popping a pill like yourself to doing injections (I'm not afraid of needles or anything, it's just kind of a hassle and not fun to do), but, my neurologist said we'd try this out first and see what happens.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Lexapro for me, for anxiety - social anxiety especially. It's improved my life tremendously. I used to have panic attacks worrying about what people thought of me when meeting them for the first time. Now I don't give two shits and its great.

I never took anything for them, and I eventually got over them on my own (by facing my fears and taking/holding deep breaths until the anxiety passed), but I used to suffer from anxiety/panic attacks in my late teens/early twenties. For me, I'd always feel like I'd have to vomit when I was in uncomfortable social situations, but I never did puke, it was all in my head.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Diagnosed with Bipolar disorder in 1997. (Most people are diagnosed at 21) I've taken a menagerie of prescriptions throughout the years, but now I'm on:

Morning:
-I can't remember the name of it, but I've been on it a year for blood pressure.

Night:
Olanzapine

Luckily I get health care through the guv'ment otherwise I could never afford these meds.

When I take the meds, I function normally and it's like I don't even have bipolar. I might have a little anxiety, but I can work just fine. When body chemistry changes and certain ones don't work or I have a tramatic life event (ie. Death in the family, loss of job), I can go into a tailspin, have hallucinations, delusions of grandure, stay up for days at a time, etc.

I struggled a lot in my 20s-30s and had trouble holding jobs. I worked a lot of temp jobs. When my Mom died it really was tough. More recently, I was hospitalized last year in June and August, so far I've stayed out of the hospital this year.

I envy you people who don't take medications. A lot of people have 0 understanding of mental illness. People think we're all criminally insane/unstable and shoot up public places. It's hard to hold a steady job when you have mental illness. The mentally ill are swept under the rug and dismissed as subhuman. Nobody wants to talk about it and it's heavily stigmatized.

Awesome, right there with you. Comforting to know I'm not the only one who went through a lot of jobs due to this bipolar crap.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

Morning:

Night:
Olanzapine

What does the manic phase feel like? I've heard people say it's actually quite enjoyable and people sometimes stop their meds just so they can go through one of these episodes. Is that bullshit?

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
What does the manic phase feel like? I've heard people say it's actually quite enjoyable and people sometimes stop their meds just so they can go through one of these episodes. Is that bullshit?

I can't speak for others, obviously, but for me, the manic phase came in two varieties.
The first one was just being overly angry and on edge for no reason whatsoever. Not fun.
The second was just being exuberant for no fucking reason. Lots of fun, but left me feeling incredibly tired, and more often than not ended in a depressed cycle.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I can't speak for others, obviously, but for me, the manic phase came in two varieties.
The first one was just being overly angry and on edge for no reason whatsoever. Not fun.
The second was just being exuberant for no fucking reason. Lots of fun, but left me feeling incredibly tired, and more often than not ended in a depressed cycle.

Yes. I also got irritable, but felt elated. You get high. You spend a lot of money. Some people spend big $$, but with me it was always lots of cheap games and blu rays.

You piss people off doing stupid stuff. I called my friend's g/f in the middle of the night once. Sometimes you sleep too much, other times you stay awake for 2-3 days straight.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yes. I also got irritable, but felt elated. You get high. You spend a lot of money. Some people spend big $$, but with me it was always lots of cheap stuff.

Still waiting to read your story.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
skip mania, go directly to psychosis, have to restart your life over and over again

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Where my amphetamine people?

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
skip mania, go directly to psychosis, have to restart your life over and over again

Yo same, depression, psychosis, depression, psychosis, depression psychosis... when you’re just about to get your shit together and it all continuously falls apart... each time you think things are going well you spiral into madness again and lose everything you tried to build... yep, me pretty much my whole life. I like to think im making good progress finally though.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
good for you. that's not what my life is like though.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yo same, depression, psychosis, depression, psychosis, depression psychosis... when you’re just about to get your shit together and it all continuously falls apart... each time you think things are going well you spiral into madness again and lose everything you tried to build... yep, me pretty much my whole life. I like to think im making good progress finally though.

Excuses, brah. What have you done to try to get your shit together? You're a slacker, don't blame psychosis. You've done nothing to better yourself and that's on you.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
simple troll does not know what a psychotic episode feels like, i'll put money on that shit

the main reason being he's autistic and neutralized as fuck

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Claiming you know shit about my mental health is rude as fuck, i’m not going to even try to explain myself. Fuck you guys. :)

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
yeah well if you spend every single post on this website trying to fit in and then respond to something i say actng like you know what im talking about and you clearly don't then you're going to get called a fucking try-hard, again.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Claiming you know shit about my mental health is rude as fuck, i’m not going to even try to explain myself. Fuck you guys. :)

There's nothing to explain, you're a lazy hipster piece of shit who refuses to grow up. Oh boo hoo my mental health. What a fagit. Man up, ladyboy.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi

I’m a deadbeat because i work practically every day and manage the sixth largest record store in the country? What else makes me a deadbeat? My knowledge and skills of growing and preparing plant medicine? Idk things dont seem that bad for me. Life’s getting better all the time. You’re just an ass ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Things are going really well right now. Business is starting to boom.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I’m a deadbeat because i work practically every day and manage the sixth largest record store in the country? What else makes me a deadbeat? My knowledge and skills of growing and preparing plant medicine? Idk things dont seem that bad for me. Life’s getting better all the time. You’re just an ass ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol at "managing a record store" being an accomplishment for you.