What medications are you on

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Prozac is horrible stuff. Was on it for a very short time in my 20’s, and it made my depression far worse. Suicidal thoughts, etc., which is apparently rather common.
I don’t get why they still prescribe that shit if a (relatively) disproportionate amount of people get suicidal on it.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Caffeine daily, booze a few times a month.

I was on Lexapro about 10 years ago and yep, aggro and violent... gave it up after 6 months or so.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Fiber - sounds like old man stuff, but it's changed my life. I would recommend this for everyone.
Propecia - Yeah, i'm vain. It worked too.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Three subcutaneous injections a week of Glatiramer Acetate (Copaxone/Glatopa are the brand/generic names), to suppress my immune system. It's a cocktail of four amino acids, mannitol (sugar alcohol), and distilled water. I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis at the end of June and that's what my neurologist prescribed for me. For those of you that may not know, MS is an incurable disease where your immune system decides that it's going to be fun to attack, and wreck, the nerve cells in your brain and spinal cord. The shots are supposed to slow down the disease and lessen the resulting nerve damage and disability, but, only time will tell how effective that'll be for me. I'm more-or-less okay right now, but long-term, I'm probably fooked. Shit ain't cheap either, but, luckily, my health insurance covers it.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Yeah i dont do any kinds of drugs even legal. Only time i do take it, if its an antibiotic. I try to avoid even taking aspirin/acetaminophen.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Generally, that's how I was too, but I don't really have that option anymore. Well, I do, but it wouldn't be wise.

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
Three subcutaneous injections a week of Glatiramer Acetate (Copaxone/Glatopa are the brand/generic names), to suppress my immune system. It's a cocktail of four amino acids, mannitol (sugar alcohol), and distilled water. I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis at the end of June and that's what my neurologist prescribed for me. For those of you that may not know, MS is an incurable disease where your immune system decides that it's going to be fun to attack, and wreck, the nerve cells in your brain and spinal cord. The shots are supposed to slow down the disease and lessen the resulting nerve damage and disability, but, only time will tell how effective that'll be for me. I'm more-or-less okay right now, but long-term, I'm probably fooked. Shit ain't cheap either, but, luckily, my health insurance covers it.
Hey dude! I was diagnosed on february 2014. As you my first treatment was Copaxone but after 2 years and 6 outbreaks the neurologist changed it to Gilenya (Fingolimod). A better and easiest treatment. I have to take a pill every 24 hours. Since the start with that treatment I had only 1 more outbreak -just at the very begin-. Right now I'm happy with it and I pray to no have more outbreaks.

I would like to suggest/encourage you to try to be more happiest as you can be, as when you get angry/depressed the MS attacks you.

Good luck with it bro.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
boy howdy, if only life were that simple. can't even imagine it.

Haha right.

Clean living = no need for meds.

What it really is, is : Strong genetics + clean living + lack of physical/mental trauma + good dice roll = no need for meds.

Anyway, I was on cyclosporine and azathioprine when I had leprosy ( hardcore eczema) for 4 years. It went away, and I haven't taken meds since.

To be fair though, I bet that "clean living" could be significantly relevant to my situation. There are so many alleged things that can have an adverse effect on the immune system. All of the dermatologists I saw laughed at me when I asked about "looking into the cause/root" of the problem. Their only concern was treatment, and I get that.

It's not as if it's never been researched though.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
None.

Caffeine and booze aren't a part of my life either, outside of the odd craft beer or glass of wine, but per year, I can count those occasions on one hand.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
To be fair, being physically fit with a healthy diet does reduce symptoms of most diseases.
Polycysitic Kidney disease, MS, and Crohn's all benefit from a healthy lifestyle.

MS is a ballbuster. I've been more tuned-in during the last 5 years after a friend was diagnosed. There's very little we know on the molecular genetics of MS, but that is changing quite rapidly.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Other than coffee and tea, nothing. Drugs are bad, mmmm'k?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
omeprazole which i have to order from india because they don't sell it over the counter here.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
What it really is, is : Strong genetics + clean living + lack of physical/mental trauma + good dice roll = no need for meds.

So much this.

I used to be strictly anti-meds, but when I broke down and admitted I couldn't control my severe temper/depressive cycles, my doctor started me on a combo of Lamotrigine (anti-psychotic) and Sertraline (anti-depressant).
Since I started those about 6 years ago, my life changed so freakin' drastically.
I haven't been fired from a job since.
I used to be so unpredictable (mood-wise) that I either quit or got fired from dozens of jobs.
Feels good, man.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I'll take the bait.

You sound like people who when I worked out 5-6 days a week would say, "you're lucky to eat like that and still be thin." Yeah--had NOTHING to do with all the hours of working out. People will find any excuse for their actions, or lack thereof. Where were my strong genetics when I used to eat like shit and party all the time and had health issues? As for lack of physical trauma, I've spent enough time in hospitals and physical therapy that I should get some sort of frequent flier card.

But yeah--it's all luck. Health has nothing to do with lifestyle. And fat people who eat garbage all day are just "big boned." Life is so unfair!

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Asid is spot on. You can't "clean live" your way out of a car crash fracture, or childhood abuse, or type 1 diabetes, or MS, your health is full of good and bad luck.

He rightly recognises the role that living well plays in the equation though, there was no suggestion it was all down to chance.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'll take the bait.

You sound like people who when I worked out 5-6 days a week would say, "you're lucky to eat like that and still be thin." Yeah--had NOTHING to do with all the hours of working out. People will find any excuse for their actions, or lack thereof. Where were my strong genetics when I used to eat like shit and party all the time and had health issues? As for lack of physical trauma, I've spent enough time in hospitals and physical therapy that I should get some sort of frequent flier card.

But yeah--it's all luck. Health has nothing to do with lifestyle. And fat people who eat garbage all day are just "big boned." Life is so unfair!

Being fat isn't a disease, fatman.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Being fat isn't a disease, fatman.

Got me there!

SMB2_boss_Wart.gif

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Lexapro for me, for anxiety - social anxiety especially. It's improved my life tremendously. I used to have panic attacks worrying about what people thought of me when meeting them for the first time. Now I don't give two shits and its great.