Weird problems with neogeo AES and unibios on a socket (no piggybacking)

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The top one is meant for round pins, which I doubt your EPROM chip has.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Right. Either will work, but the top one should be a little better. Especially for removing the chip if needed.

makinavaja

n00b
Well, finally!!!
As the user Big beard recommended, I desoldered the socket I installed , and started everything again. But, as it happened on the previous desoldering proccess of the original bios when I destroyed up to 6 or 7 tracks, when I desoldered the socket I installed before the number of broked tracks increased up to..... 18!!!!!!
Anybody can think Im a rookie with soldering tools, that Im not good at all with this stuff, ... well, true, but I can assure you that I have worked a lot on old MSX computer boards desoldering and replacing all kind of chips (vram chips, capacitors, or even the big tms9918) withouth any kind of broked track or big issue....

If there is any sensible user on this forum that dont like gore scenes or crappy stuff, please ignore the pictures I have attached below from the final result to my poor (and now working again) japanesse neogeo AES:

trashboardnotrally.jpg

Here I got no any other option that solder directly over the eo chip...
trashboardnotrally2.JPG

Anyway, everything is fine now :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

Thank you very much to Big Beard user, and all those who try to help me with this board. Thanks to you I saved a japanesse AES board!!

Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Congrats on getting it working. I've been there, unfortunately. This is why you get a good desoldering machine and have an experienced person do it.