Really excited, just for the sake of trying... MVS in UMK3 cab

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
Bitch Please, you plugged your MVS into an UMK3 cab? get back to me when you plug your MVS into a Galaga/Pacman cocktail cabinet.

NOTE: I have done this, Obviously it works because it's wired for Jamma. Although you are limited to playing games that only need 1 button and you have to be ok with the screen rotated 90º I did this as It's a quick easy way to test Jamma boards. I have also played a round of Tekken 2 on it, vertically, only being able to punch with one hand.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Bitch Please, you plugged your MVS into an UMK3 cab? get back to me when you plug your MVS into a Galaga/Pacman cocktail cabinet.

NOTE: I have done this, Obviously it works because it's wired for Jamma. Although you are limited to playing games that only need 1 button and you have to be ok with the screen rotated 90º I did this as It's a quick easy way to test Jamma boards. I have also played a round of Tekken 2 on it, vertically, only being able to punch with one hand.

You're a few days late to the party. Nice try though, I suppose.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

Original Galaga and Pacman cocktails are not Jamma, just the anniversary ones.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Fear, this is all playful shit. Roll with it.

When anyone goofs, people mess with you ;)

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
Original Galaga and Pacman cocktails are not Jamma, just the anniversary ones.

Yup, mine's Jamma.....well I made it Jamma. Was originally a gutted Gorf cab with a dead monitor. It's essentially a pretty faithful re-creation of the Galaga & Ms Pacman anniversery cocktail cab, runs one of the official namco PCBs, has the original G07 monitor and still uses all the original sticks and buttons, just swapped out art (that was in pretty sad shape when I got it) upgraded it to a modern PSU and boom, working great looking cocktail cabinet and shitty MVS test device.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Yup, mine's Jamma.....well I made it Jamma. Was originally a gutted Gorf cab with a dead monitor. It's essentially a pretty faithful re-creation of the Galaga & Ms Pacman anniversery cocktail cab, runs one of the official namco PCBs, has the original G07 monitor and still uses all the original sticks and buttons, just swapped out art (that was in pretty sad shape when I got it) upgraded it to a modern PSU and boom, working great looking cocktail cabinet and shitty MVS test device.

You understand Gorf was a Midway design, most Galaga's that state "Original" arent even the original design or correct coin doors"

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member

You're the one stating everything is "original" then a faithful "recreation of" I assume the 20th Anniversary Class of '81. So which is it?

It have an original Gorf coin door or did you "faithfully recreate the 20th" and change the coin door?

Fact is, you are all over the map talking this shit.