Really excited, just for the sake of trying... MVS in UMK3 cab

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i love the "i was a cop and i saved a kids life" part, this thread rules

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Not a, "let's make fun of someone" thread. Goodness.

I'm not sure why all the jokes are necessary. Something constructive, ya know..

I'm going to ask for the thread to be closed, and at the very least, I got a picture of how some of the community members here treat others.
You must be new here. Welcome!

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I do have a brain injury, from an accident I was involved in while I was a police officer and saved a kids life, no I'm not mentally retarded.

I would like to know more about this incident.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Dude, OP. If you're going to post something like this, you're gonna get some ribbing from people. I would think that being a cop, you'd have a thicker skin. As far as requesting that the thread be locked, I'm sure that will go great. Hopefully you PMed Rot, because he's the only one likely to consider it.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I wonder if my mvs cart will work in an aes.

Only one way to find out.

roms

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Ya'll are hilarious. We aren't all as brilliant as others. My brain injury doesn't help at all. Thanks for the comedy though.

do you collect sneakers by any chance?

F34R

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Out of curiosity, if this was a “why didn’t I think of that before” moment, how did you imagine this thread going?

Additionally, as mentioned, doing some research would be a good idea, especially before you start plugging together miscellaneous things because they look like they could go together. While this one worked out okay, it’s definitely possible to damage boards or cabinets by plugging in things that don’t go together.
I was thinking people would post some tips, tricks, suggestions, ya know, helpful things. Yes, I have been looking around to learn more about what I can do, but having more avenues for information doesn't hurt.

You must be new here. Welcome!
Not really new here.
Dude, OP. If you're going to post something like this, you're gonna get some ribbing from people. I would think that being a cop, you'd have a thicker skin. As far as requesting that the thread be locked, I'm sure that will go great. Hopefully you PMed Rot, because he's the only one likely to consider it.
It isn't about having thicker skin at all lol. The jokes didn't hurt my feelings, etc. I was more hoping for something helpful to be in the thread. It definitely isn't about my feelings lol. People telling me they're going to kill me, to my face, has more an affect than childish jokes on the Internet.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Tips on what? You put it in the cab and it worked.

Jibbs Tip o' the day: Play games and have fun.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
you know guys, for the longest time, i didn't know this either. i always thought the cab had to be wired specifically for the mvs boards. was pleasantly surprised when i found out it wasn't. which meant i could buy most arcade cabs and slap a mvs board in it.

F34R

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Tips on what? You put it in the cab and it worked.

Jibbs Tip o' the day: Play games and have fun.

Different menus to access, cheats, etc. Something other than, "it turns on, it plays, that's all there is". That was my hope anyways.

F34R

Tarma's Gun Polisher

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Different menus to access, cheats, etc. Something other than, "it turns on, it plays, that's all there is". That was my hope anyways.

Oh, I see. Well, since you don't have the Unibios yet there's not as much for you to mess with, but if you hit the test button on the cabinet power supply, you can access the soft dips and play around with the settings. For NTM, you can change how much time you have per shot, how many holes you start with, and how many holes you get with each continue. And you can of course change the difficulty. Robert Landolt is the best character to use in the game, in my opinion.

F34R

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Oh, I see. Well, since you don't have the Unibios yet there's not as much for you to mess with, but if you hit the test button on the cabinet power supply, you can access the soft dips and play around with the settings. For NTM, you can change how much time you have per shot, how many holes you start with, and how many holes you get with each continue. And you can of course change the difficulty. Robert Landolt is the best character to use in the game, in my opinion.

Thanks for the info.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I'm not sure why all the jokes are necessary.

However, just for the sake of it, I unplugged my stuffiness, took the depressive harass out and plugged in my sense of humor, with a little NG.com in there. Low and behold, it works lol.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm going to ask for the thread to be closed, and at the very least, I got a picture of how some of the community members here treat others.

I doubt that's going to happen. Best case scenario would be this getting moved to the War Room and the bashing would continue.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I didn't mean I WANTED cheats. Just thought there was more to it than it just plugs in, and it plays.

You're completely out of your depth. If you had any understanding of the JAMMA wiring standard you'd know this thread would be a fuckin joke.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
this thread went from "awesome funny" to "cringe" rather quickly

i feel this complicated whirlwind of pity and disgust