Naomi Net DIMM woes

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
Having trouble with a Naomi net dimm that's been sitting on the shelf for a while. Trying to load a game onto it hangs at the "Checking network" screen before resetting into "Now Loading..." mode (the triforcetools script hangs on the recv() call after setting host mode to load the game).

Here's what I've done so far:
Checked voltage in cab, played with the +5 between 4.9 and 5.1, no luck.
Verified jumpers on net dimm and reseated the zero pic.
Tested it on another Naomi in a different cab, same issue.
Tested a different net dimm in this cab and this Naomi mobo, works fine.
Double checked network settings, network test and DIMM test both pass.
Can ping the device and telnet into it.
Reseated the RAM.
Same netboot scripts work to load games onto the other net dimm.

It's v4.02 and the mobo is running the latest export bios. The bios version on the mobos are 21576H on one, and 21578H on the other. I got it made 4-5 months ago and got it up to v4.02 and tested it and it was working fine at that point, only now getting around to putting it in a cab.

The PSU setups I've tested in are as follows:
New setup is an E3 that has JVS connectors but no 3.3v, so the larger power connector is coming from a capcom i/o, and the smaller is coming from the PSU.
The older setup (with the existing net dimm) is a blast city where the Naomi is being powered directly by the cab PSU and it's got a sega rev b i/o in it.

I'm not sure what else to try out from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Is your setup running off a separate power supply or solely off the I/O

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
The new cab is an E3 with a power supply that doesn't supply 3.3, so the larger connector is on the i/o, but the smaller connector is from the capcom i/o.

In the blast (where it also exhibited this problem) it's running straight off of the blast psu with a sega rev b i/o.

I'll edit this into the OP, totally forgot to mention that.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
What are the jumper settings on the NetDIMM sub-board? What's in the dongle socket?

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks for all the responses guys!

@SpamYouToDeath - Jumpers are correct, JP1-2 connect pins 1-2, JP3 connects pins 2-3. Nothing is in any port except for an ethernet cable in the ethernet port.

@DecepticonZero - I hadn't but I just did. Didn't help :(