You guys ever see the genie?

Have you seen the genie of the lamp?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Genie.gif

Never saw this. Still learning new secrets.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yes. Damn that bastard. I always fall trying to get him

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Genie wasn't in X, right? Maybe that's why I never saw him because I played X way more than 2.

If 2 > X then SNK wouldn't have made X. Can't argue with that cuz they didn't get it right the first time.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Yes. Damn that bastard. I always fall trying to get him

It is one of the most difficult jumps that I can think of in any Slug, with practice it was pretty easy but it does have very little margin of error, plus the fact that you have to do it twice meant lots of restarts.

The one jump off the rising platform to the snow ledge (right before the drawbridge door) and then after that a couple jumps right before the Allen O'Neill fight during the beginning of Mission 3 of Slug 1 was similar in distance I think.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
If 2 > X then SNK wouldn't have made X. Can't argue with that cuz they didn't get it right the first time.

or maybe they fucked it up the second time around trying to improve on the first attempt.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Whats up LS! So many hilarious secrets buried within this awesome game lol

I am still curious about the extent of the supposed/rumored “two worlds/universes” scoring systems I’ve read about. Has anyone ever posted specifics about how not scaring off conversating npc’s adjust the scoring/appearance of bonus items, etc? All the info I’ve seen on the subject remains unfinished. I can’t believe how much stuff is buried in this game.

Edit: Here is a thread where the two universes scoring theory was discussed, but I’m not sure if anyone else has more info too:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?275191-Metal-Slug-X-questions

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
or maybe they fucked it up the second time around trying to improve on the first attempt.

His logic would make you think 2>1, or 5>1, or 3>1. And we all know 3 sucks.