Tinnitus

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I've had it mildly for years from going to concerts and working in a machine shop for years but it's gotten way worse the older I get. Sometimes it's so strong I get vertigo and loose my balance.

It's really weird too because it comes and goes randomly.

Anybody else got it?

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I worked as a welder in a car parts factory for 18 years and when the orders slacked off on the welding i'd be put into the press shop, this was 8 lines of about 6-7 power press's each about 30 foot high, a huge operation with chute's and conveyor belts in the basement to take the scrap away.
I used to take my ear buds out regular and not put them back in (really fucking stupid in hindsight) and suffer with a ringing in my ears as a result which comes and goes as you say happen's with your balance terry.330.
The noise was mental when i think back, the weight on the top and bottom tools in the press's ran into the tonnes on the heavy gauge lines, the smash when they connected was deafening, i couldn't talk to the guy next to me on the press because i just couldn't hear him.
Amazing to see a sheet of metal about 7 foot by 5 go through 6 press's and come out the last one looking like the bottom of a car.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Card carrying member here as well.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Never been to a doctor to get it checked out but it sounds like something I'm going through. All those decades around arcades and video games have done a number on my hearing that's for sure.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Only intermittently. Never to the point that it's been a real problem.

Have you tried anything along the lines of Lipoflavonoid?

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
. . . my whole life, all the time. . .

When I was a kid, a friend was talking about how he read about someone with this and how it'd drive him nuts. All our other friends agreed, "Yeah, man, that'd suck". That was the first time I realized not everyone hears a high pitch squeal all the time.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Dealt with this for a couple decades. Just got used to it.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Never been to a doctor to get it checked out but it sounds like something I'm going through. All those decades around arcades and video games have done a number on my hearing that's for sure.

The doctor won't be able to help you anyway. They'll suggest that you avoid caffeine, alcohol, sodium, aspirin and loud environments. And after all of that your ears will still ring.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Wear headphones all the time, then drive like a badass.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The doctor won't be able to help you anyway. They'll suggest that you avoid caffeine, alcohol, sodium, aspirin and loud environments. And after all of that your ears will still ring.

No, yes, not much, yep and can't. 3 out of 5 ain't bad ;)