Dem romz is gone - emuparadise scrubbed the goodies

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Emuparadise was the best. My go-to for years. Very sad now that it’s gone. Sounds like I gotta use a vpn and torrents now. I just scored an msx 2 and a flash cart. I’m gonna have to find another way to get teh romz.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
was a great site. it would be a shame if they didn't come back.
Agreed especially for use on flash carts.Still this is typical of nintendo while the likes of sega,konami,capcom among others don't have a problem with emulation.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'm disappointed but I can't say it'll affect my life much nowadays.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm gonna miss Isozone. It was one of the few places where you could readily download good CD rips. Individual rom files, who cares, it's easy enough to pull full sets from various corners of the net.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Good saturn cd rips on there gohan, i've played a fair few shooters i would never have been able to play if it wasn't for that site.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Shout out to the rest who remember Underground Gamer.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
PFFFFFT!
epf!
bunch of CUNTS!
used to be a member there.... :lol:
use a p2p torrent client with a proxy upfront, and at least all is well there.
matter of time, and NOT sorry to see the place take a shit!
long live TORRENT/P2P! (peer to peer)

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Shout out to the rest who remember Underground Gamer.

UG was awesome. During that time finding complete curated rom sets was not typical. I loved their Golden Week event for boosting your ratio. I still have all those Saturn and PCE images thanks to UG. That was a fantastic site.

I think I only ever used EmuParadise for some random PSP games.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
The shuttering of Underground Gamer was the single worst thing that ever happened on the internet, in my opinion.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I'm gonna miss Isozone. It was one of the few places where you could readily download good CD rips. Individual rom files, who cares, it's easy enough to pull full sets from various corners of the net.
Most i've heard recently theisozone was dismantling for months now and it's replacement is the retrozone.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member

Their Dreamcast section was kickass.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
HAHAHAHA!
not surprised in the slightest. :lol:
posted a response similar @ emuxtras.net (stilll visible on the community page/stack)
.... :p
would link here for a direct reference, just the site owner has encrypted the links to actual posts, to avoid bullshit from other sites because users have their own voices.
you pay peanuts, you GET MONKEYS!
shame about the user efforts though. :(

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm disappointed but I can't say it'll affect my life much nowadays.

Same here. That being said, people should learn how to backup everything they download.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Same here. That being said, people should learn how to backup everything they download.
^This. Though it gets tough when you are backing up Iso-based rips. They can get pretty hefty on storage space.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Back-ups.me is a good site for stuff like coin-ops, visionary, retropie and hyperspin, they got rom sets for most retro systems on there as well.
EDIT....just logged in for the first time in about 6 months and they've gone invite only.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Glad I still have newsgroups and private trackers. This shit doesn't hurt me one bit.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The only griz cart I don't already have loaded was my 64 one. I've been thinking about selling it anyways.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

my sentiments exactly, i have full sets of all the cartridge systems but Iso files take up soo much space its just not viable to store them all. i have a complete ps1 set, takes up almost 400 gigs.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Yeah it's totally not worth dropping a hundo or two for a fat hard drive that can give you instant access to any ISO you might want.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
It's easier to just find complete sets, rather than trying to download individual roms. Underground Gamer is where I used to always get all of my ROMsets, but they are of course long gone. Pleasuredome is an alright site, but it seems like it's down too. The Internet Archive has listings for ROM and image sets, but they go up and down.

Underground Gamer was the best. I use to spend hours upon hours in that place trying to upload stuff so I could download entire sets. There was another one similar to that site that shut down to, which was almost as good. Can't remember the name though. Emuasylum, also use to be solid. For all my music, I really liked Oinks Pink Palace. That was a top-notch site, with only CD quality stuff.

Anyways, this has been long coming. Between emulators and everdrives, anyone on this website should have had a set of every cartridge based system since like 2003.

There's so many rom sites anyway that Nintendo will never be able to kill them all. It would be in their best interest if they realized that these places are the only real places that actually care about archiving these old games. If they would just release a "mini" console, with a built in virtual console, dedicated to bringing all these games back... then they could probably cut down on this piracy a lot and actually make some money.

I think once you get into ISO's, that's the point where you really need to make an educated guess to determine if you're actually ever going to play the game.

Do you really need 3 gigs of Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen shit taking up space on your HDD?

Last edited: