Dem romz is gone - emuparadise scrubbed the goodies

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
This blows. I'm not a fan of downloading complete sets but I guess my hand is being forced on this one. Maybe it'll blow over and we'll see another contender step into the arena.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
honestly i'll just miss the same tropical island cool multi-screen process. i dont think that site changed much since it opened or w/e. very nostalgic!! i used to wake up in the AM when I was 11 or 12 and download different Nintendo games to try out. its like i was really visiting an island paradise!

nornor1

NEST Puppet
ISOZONE and their RetroZone startup just kicked the bucket today I believe.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
my sentiments exactly, i have full sets of all the cartridge systems but Iso files take up soo much space its just not viable to store them all. i have a complete ps1 set, takes up almost 400 gigs.

Who gives a shit about full sets? The majority of games on any given platform are total ass. Just delete all the ones that suck or you aren't interested in and you could probably fit every decent pre-PS2 release on a single external drive.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Because not only do you need to take up shelf space for games you'll never play, but you also need to take up memory for games you'll never play.

To be fair, the entire NES/SNES/Genesis/PCE sets can fit on a $5 4GB flash drive. In a few years, the amount of space a full PS2 ISO set takes up will be trivial as well. I'm not saying anyone needs all of the shovelware garbage on those systems but digital hoarding isn't nearly the same as shelf queens obsessing over spine cards and losing whole rooms of their house to plastic garbage they'll never play.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
To be fair, the entire NES/SNES/Genesis/PCE sets can fit on a $5 4GB flash drive. In a few years, the amount of space a full PS2 ISO set takes up will be trivial as well. I'm not saying anyone needs all of the shovelware garbage on those systems but digital hoarding isn't nearly the same as shelf queens obsessing over spine cards and losing whole rooms of their house to plastic garbage they'll never play.

Hoarding *anything* is HOARDING.

The only ones that try to explain reasons for it are HOARDERS.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Why not download full sets? If someone mentions a game that's cool and you never heard of it, you have it and dont need to search and download it. A 3tb external hard drive costs like $100 on amazon. Small price to pay for having a complete library of games at your finger tips.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Right. It's easier to just download the full set. It has nothing to do with hoarding; it's about laziness. I have the full sets sitting on my hard drive (where they take up a relatively insignificant amount of space) and if I want to play anything, it's there. Downloading games one by one is a waste of time, as is culling out the shit if I download a full set.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Hoarding romz sounds funny.

Good to know that besides the law, people care how much of someone's hard drive is for da romz.

Cool

nornor1

NEST Puppet
Looks like Prices of rom sets will go up on ebay now LOL. there are hard drives for sale on Ebay for Hard drives for Hyperspin and stuff. fully loaded.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Looks like Prices of rom sets will go up on ebay now LOL. there are hard drives for sale on Ebay for Hard drives for Hyperspin and stuff. fully loaded.

Yeah and they hardly ever work :p

Setiously though who the hell buys roms off ebay??

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
well poor ppl are the only people that things like that are targeted at. you put something like "1000 games in ONE" for a good price and the stupid, low-income people are going to see it as a legitimate deal. stupid people with money go the collectard route

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
some of these fullsets are shit at times. Why do I need every version of super mario bros dumped ever to man.

I usually stick to no intro sets but sometimes it can be tricky finding one without every copy known to man.

finding good cd dumps of obscure shit can be annoying too.

I hope people archiving this in the future take note of what has been happening and don't get caught with their pants down.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
its interesting because, okay, when i was like a preteen i was downloading ROMs and ISOs. The standard affair was, you can google pretty much any Nintendo or Sega or otherwise mainstream title on a 80s and 90s console and find pages upon pages of mirrored ROMs in alphabetical order. Just like all over the place. ISOs were generally available but less of them were WIDELY available from what I remember. Like you could download shit like FFVII but I remember specifically probably in like 2005 or 2006 I was having a really hard time finding a few ISOs. Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together was really hard to find, and I finally found it on like IfritROMs or some shit. I also had trouble finding a working link for Tomba! 2 and Twisted Metal 2. I think there were a few unseeded or broken torrents

Then there was the period until recently where you could just go to a handful of sites like idk ROMNation or emuParadise and reliably get most/all ROMs and ISOs.

Now I'm having trouble finding shit again

Does anyone remember those ads they used to have talking about how some kid went to jail for downloading ROMs or something

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
its interesting because, okay, when i was like a preteen i was downloading ROMs and ISOs. The standard affair was, you can google pretty much any Nintendo or Sega or otherwise mainstream title on a 80s and 90s console and find pages upon pages of mirrored ROMs in alphabetical order. Just like all over the place. ISOs were generally available but less of them were WIDELY available from what I remember. Like you could download shit like FFVII but I remember specifically probably in like 2005 or 2006 I was having a really hard time finding a few ISOs. Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together was really hard to find, and I finally found it on like IfritROMs or some shit. I also had trouble finding a working link for Tomba! 2 and Twisted Metal 2. I think there were a few unseeded or broken torrents

Then there was the period until recently where you could just go to a handful of sites like idk ROMNation or emuParadise and reliably get most/all ROMs and ISOs.

Now I'm having trouble finding shit again

Does anyone remember those ads they used to have talking about how some kid went to jail for downloading ROMs or something

I honestly don't know anymore Sylvie. I would only download the Roms on occasion and my goto's were EmuP and IsoZone. I've managed to Archive as much as I could but it still sucks that if someone mentions a cool later Gen game like say on the Ps2, I can't just search and get it. Torrentz are probably your best bet.

Rom Downloading was the reason why I started purchasing games. It was also a great way for me to discover new games that I never played before. If I really enjoyed the game, I would hunt down a physical copy and even sometimes download it through VC, PSN, Steam or XBL. I think people who never purchased a physical retro game in their life and stuck with emulation will still continue to do so. So the only people they are impacting by doing this are the people that actually like buying the games.

Nintendo thinks they are doing the right thing by shutting down these little Emulation Sites but to me I think they are playing with fire. When Nerds get together and start a Revolt it never ends well. Look at Star Wars (Solo) and Electronic Arts (Battlefield).

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
When Nerds get together and start a Revolt it never ends well. Look at Star Wars (Solo) and Electronic Arts (Battlefield).

Star Wars fans are some of the worst kinds of people to walk the earth - Nothing is good enough, any change is "destroying their childhood," and they have an anyurism when women do literally ANYTHING in those movies.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Star Wars fans are some of the worst kinds of people to walk the earth - Nothing is good enough, any change is "destroying their childhood," and they have an anyurism when women do literally ANYTHING in those movies.

I agree, I'm not a Star Wars fan but I do enjoy watching the movies but let's not get things Twisted, the Last Jedi was a slap in the face to Star Wars Fans though. Even non Star Wars fans will agree that it was a shit movie and poorly done. If you're going to create this Mary Sue character, at least let her face some sort of hardships to make the shit more believable. Maybe lose a hand or leg in battle, have her fail at a few things so she could learn but she was perfect at everything. It wasn't also Rey either, it was like every female character. Girl Power AMIRITE?

I love Strong Female Characters in Movies as long as it's Tasteful. It wasn't only that though. They also threw in alot of PC shit in that movie that rubbed people the wrong way. I have to side with the Star Wars fans on that one.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I like full sets for their library of titles to choose from as it's all in one place. Downloading ENTIRE sets for anything PS1 and up places a huge data requirement upon you and those who collect (hoard) them... yeah alright mate.

If anything I've been finding ways to reduce how much data I actually need.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
If anything I've been finding ways to reduce how much data I actually need.

I did this for a while, but hard drives are so cheap it doesn't matter anymore. My desktop machine has 6x 3.5" bays, all taken up with a RAID6 array. When one drive fails, I just replace it with a larger one, at whatever the best price-point is. The new disk gets built into the array, and I can upsize the whole thing whenever I swap out the smallest disk.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Lol, the anti-hoarding people are complaining about ROMs now? Please stick to shitting on market threads and collectors of physical items that trigger you vicariously, kthx.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Fucking saturn roms all gone... and theyre hard to find... cant find fullsets... glad i downloaded a lot from paradise before it died... i’m actually pissed... fuck... and i still cant a good cotton bookerang rip... among other things... this sucks