Ever been rank #1 in gaming?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
ftfy, and that's because I infected you with the AIDS virus

So you have Aids & warts on your hand...I can see why your John Travolta dad abandon you.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Don't play enough online games to be #1 at much. I was top 10 in arcade score in original Street Fighter IV for a while before all of the l33t hax0r Billy Mitchells came in and got their 999,999,999 scores. I was #1 in Puzzle Poker on Steam last time I played it but that was months ago and I'm sure someone's beaten my scores since then. Was also in the top 50 or so on Pac-Man CE DX+ on Steam but that was years ago.

Yeah, not much. Leaderboard shit is fun but I don't have the time or the autism to really go score chasing.

Good for you on your HF grinding.

Last edited:

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I’m only good at really weird games. I was in the top 30 on 10 yard fight for the switch, which only 100 people or so bought.

I’m a mean motherfucker at pacland too.

Congrats on your hf score, though. That’s pretty amazing.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
objectively, NEVER!
playing alone and beating personal record is one thing, but to play in a group competing, NO!
not counting amiga pinball games, about the only games i could max out the score, save score and raise a glass of gin to a good session.
playing cooperative like a lot of cops shooters for example, just puts a kink in the pipe and throws me off, a bad team player as it were. :D

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I used to spend all my available time on MMO's.
I have been #1 at a few things in various MMO games and servers. mostly PvP focused.

Managed to get in the top 3 for
2v2 & 5v5 in WoW in the first 3 arena seasons.
That's probably when i peaked, and i soon abandoned MMO's to focus on life....I thought blizzard said there would be a hall of records for arena seasons, but i can't find it....lame.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I used to be #1 in Food Fight on a WWIV BBS back in high school. So I got that going for me.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
In the good old days of the arcade, my initials were on the top of almost every game in the business. My favorite? Getting the first 999,975 on Defender knowing the same score would be second. In one place I had all eight 999,975 scores (btw that's the highest score without flipping it back to zero which was hard to do since in the final 10k of Defender, any score gives you a free ship and bomb, including running into a ship! Only being shot or dying in hyperspace prevented getting a free ship).

Damn but I miss the glorious days of yesteryear :(

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I had the #1 score on PS3 N.A. Under Defeat for several months, which is especially funny considering it would have been the lowest score if I entered it on System11.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
most of the games I play seem to have bare bones/broken/nonexistent online.
soooooo, no.

Besides, it's too much trouble to wait to upload your score; I'd rather just try again.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Never actually gave a fuck to be #1. To accomplish that you end up playing way too much and getting burnt out trying to chase something 99% of the people out there don't really give a fuck about.

I have more fun challenging the #1 people just to see where you stack up.

To answer just local arcade scores, and I think once or twice when OG xbox had weekly scores on their online games.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I got #1 rank during the heyday of Street Fighter Anniversary Edition on the OG Xbox. I also cracked top 20 in CvS2 on the OG Xbox. Also won a tournament in Super Turbo they were holding at OU. I really don't play competitively anymore. I've noticed my reactions going down extremely at my age. Even playing shit like Punch Out, I have a hard time telling the difference between twitches and actual punches being thrown (I'm looking at you, Soda Popinkski), and my reaction time to dodge them isn't as fast as it used to be. I could clear that game without being hit, but now? Not a chance. Fighting games is just that at a much higher level with higher stakes.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
I still have #1 spots for Caladrius Blaze on both PS4 and PC. It's my favorite non-Cave shmup with a killer soundtrack and nobody I know will play it. :(

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Also won a tournament in Super Turbo they were holding at OU.

I remember that tourney, was a fun night. We had some good casuals on CVS 2.

You demolished everyone at Super Turbo if I recall no one even took a round on you.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I used to be #1 in Food Fight on a WWIV BBS back in high school. So I got that going for me.

HA HA HA! Holy shit. I may be the only person who knows what you're talking about.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
My work had a pac man competition yesterday and I won. I got a $5 gift card to Chick-Fil-A.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My work had a pac man competition yesterday and I won. I got a $5 gift card to Chick-Fil-A.

I think every one of us has, at one point in their lives, dreamed of having a video game competition at work or school to show off our sicks skillz. You have lived the dream and now get chicken for reward.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
that's the most fucked up prize ever. Chick-Fil-A fucking rules but $5 doesn't cover any value meal that they offer.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
that's the most fucked up prize ever. Chick-Fil-A fucking rules but $5 doesn't cover any value meal that they offer.

I could get waffle fries or a drink, and that’s about it. I tried to give it away lol.

The real joy was having half the facility talking about me. Because of my pac man skills. Truth be told, my score wasn’t that great because it was in an nes classic edition with TONS of input lag on the cafeteria tv. But it was good enough to trounce the amateurs.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The real joy was having half the facility talking about me.

said it before and say it again, you lived the dream

Some people daydream of terrorists coming in and then stopping them singlehandedly

Others dream of having an impromptu game competition and then winning it in front of the whole school or workplace

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
said it before and say it again, you lived the dream

Some people daydream of terrorists coming in and then stopping them singlehandedly

Others dream of having an impromptu game competition and then winning it in front of the whole school or workplace

Thanks, man. It was quite a treat.