SNK debuts Athena Virtual YouTuber

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Every day we stray further and further from God.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Why even do this?

It would be great if SNK would pull their heads out of their asses and not waste time on this shit.

Should we make a good SS game or FF game that the fans have been waiting for?.... Naw, lets make a virtual Youtube Athena that nobody asked for or would want!

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I have to give it to them, they found a new way to use a beloved character in a pointless manner. I thought we hit a peak with SNK pachislot games, I was wrong.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Why even do this?

It would be great if SNK would pull their heads out of their asses and not waste time on this shit.

Should we make a good SS game or FF game that the fans have been waiting for?.... Naw, lets make a virtual Youtube Athena that nobody asked for or would want!
Well, those things take resources. Right now I believe most of their money is in the Neo Geo Mini. Otherwise I think they're doing whatever is cheap to do in order to keep their brand relevant. So that one of their next games can be what the fans are waiting for. They have been hitting social media hard since renewing their brand.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Well, those things take resources. Right now I believe most of their money is in the Neo Geo Mini. Otherwise I think they're doing whatever is cheap to do in order to keep their brand relevant. So that one of their next games can be what the fans are waiting for. They have been hitting social media hard since renewing their brand.

What money? Isn't the Neo-Geo Mini a licensed product that someone else is manufacturing? SNK would only get incoming licensing payments unless it was a partnership.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I know the whole virtual youtuber thing has been big in japan these days, so I guess this makes sense for some audience exposure. Since the above video primarily consisted of Athena introducing herself and then promptly promoting the mobile kof all stars game, I'm sure this isn't pulling any valuable development resources and is more likely a product of just their marketing team (possibly an external one) since this video was posted outside of the normal "snkgame" youtube channel initially.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Japan is the primary market for a company like SNK, expect the worst as a result!

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Yeah SNK, just make Athena seem like a 12 year old. Should make your all your pedo fan base very happy.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Yeah SNK, just make Athena seem like a 12 year old. Should make your all your pedo fan base very happy.

She always did look like a 12 year old.
d76b639ed2dba6341e0423240a930228.jpg

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
She looks like she has Down syndrome. Maybe that’s where she gets her psychic powers from.

Last edited:

saner

Krauser's Henchman
what about Athena Full Throttle on consoles? and a updated Athena Awakening from an Ordinary Life port? on PS4? and Athena arcade remake with new gen graphics? and Psycho Soldier remake? and Athena 3?

though still cool they expand Athena's avenues of self promotion

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
YEP!
nightmare expo and nightmind could make something of this... :D (truly creepy, like that poppy.)

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
what about Athena Full Throttle on consoles? and a updated Athena Awakening from an Ordinary Life port? on PS4? and Athena arcade remake with new gen graphics? and Psycho Soldier remake? and Athena 3?

though still cool they expand Athena's avenues of self promotion

I’d actually love a psycho soldier remake. Great idea.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
they should make a BOTW Athena game. starring original Athena and full 3D open world and beautiful art direction (somewhere between original classic and Full Throttle style)

Athena could be able to get armor and weapons and stuff, and it would be so epic. its insane SNK hasnt bothered to make their own Zelda-like games for Athena.

I mean look at what copying Metroid did for Castlevania.