Hey guys!

emusnes

n00b
Hey everyone,
I have been lurking around the forums ever since I got my Neo Geo CD in 2008. I just picked up an AES this week so figured what better time than now to join. I read through the newbie faq but if anyone has any other specific advice let me know. I am looking forward to contribute to the community.

-Josh

Carless Walker

Kabuki Klasher
Welcome. I too was a lurker from way back, and finally bit the bullet some time ago and joined. There is a lot to be learned here. But my advice regarding the AES, is this.
1. Find that one game you MUST have.
2. Realize it's probably over $500.
3. Save up your $$ for that title
4. Use that money to buy a NeoSD.

If you have to have a shelf full of AES titles, you're in for a world of hurt.

emusnes

n00b
Yeah, my plan is to buy a NeoSD Pro when it is released. In the mean time I would like to purchase the cheapest game possible so I can at least test out the system. What is the best budget game? How long after I register can I PM users in the seller forum? I would like to avoid breaking rules.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Develop a thick skin.
Be ready to dish out some sick burns.
Ye Olde Tymers here love their little circle jerks, and the main mod gets angry if anyone else eats the cracker.
If you can live with all that, welcome! Enjoy yourself!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Congrats, you picked a great time to get into collecting AES games!

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Welcome.

Buy Nam.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
First post and already trying to figure out how to get into the market.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
How long after I register can I PM users in the seller forum?

This is a common question. Don't worry, I'm here to help. :) Wait about a few seconds after reading my post, and go to the top of the page. On the right hand corner there is a blue bold-faced link that says "Log Out". Click that and then wait for the page to redirect you back here. Then, even further at the top of your screen (left hand side if you're on Mac OS, right hand side if you're on Windows) there is an "X" button (or a red circle if you're using Mac OS). Click that, and confirm your decision if any further prompts occur by clicking Yes.

Before you do this, I have a personal recommendation. Go to your User CP by clicking "Settings" on the top right hand of the screen. Then, on the left panel, click "Edit Profile". The first option on the next page should say "Edit Email & Password"-- click that button. Now, open up your favorite text editing program such as Notepad. Smash your hand against the keyboard so that it produces a random series of characters. Try to get some numbers in there too if you can help it. Highlight this string of text, and Copy (Ctrl + C). Navigate back to the Neo Geo page, and enter your current password in the first field. Then, where it says "new password", paste (Ctrl + V) the copied string. Paste it again in the "Confirm New Password" field below it. Now, go back to your text editing software, and close it without saving. Make sure you do not save the document, this is important. Finally, click on "Save Changes" in the Neo Geo page. Then proceed to follow my instructions above for using the log out feature.

Love,
Sylvie

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
How's a brother supposed to hump his NGCD collection when you fagits are running off potential customers!? :mad:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hey everyone,
I have been lurking around the forums ever since I got my Neo Geo CD in 2008. I just picked up an AES this week so figured what better time than now to join.

^ This post screams that you haven't been lurking here for 10 years.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
^ This post screams that you haven't been lurking here for 10 years.

It would be physically impossible to read the posts here regularly and not feel so disgusted that you couldn't avoid making an account and calling someone a cunt at least 9 1/2 years ago.

emusnes

n00b
Life is too short to worry about comments posted on the internet. Most gaming forums require sifting through pages of non sense and arguments to get to the information you are looking for. My lurking here was pretty minimal until late 2017 when I was reading up on the SSDS3. I have one of the v2 boards and I am happy with it for the most part. Those threads were kind of of mess though.

I really wanted to get a JNX CMVS but I missed out on his order window last month.

Thanks for the comments welcoming me to the forums, even the negative ones. I would expect nothing less!

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
The market? Lol, yeah protect it protect Me! Its not eve 1 page for selling right now... With ended stuf on that 3/4 page. We are winning! Istill have the junk I want and I can Pretend I am stopping unworthies of being like me huurraay.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
karou you beautiful beast. i'm posting pics of us hanging out.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
karou you beautiful beast. i'm posting pics of us hanging out.

While you're there, without making it too obvious, try to get a sense of how strong he is and how you'd think he'd be in a fight. Asking for a friend.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Learn how the forum works and play ball. We are all trying to relax here.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Only two posts and already asking about market privileges? Good as gone.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Life is too short to worry about comments posted on the internet. Most gaming forums require sifting through pages of non sense and arguments to get to the information you are looking for. My lurking here was pretty minimal until late 2017 when I was reading up on the SSDS3. I have one of the v2 boards and I am happy with it for the most part. Those threads were kind of of mess though.

I really wanted to get a JNX CMVS but I missed out on his order window last month.

Thanks for the comments welcoming me to the forums, even the negative ones. I would expect nothing less!

You really should've joined in 2008 as there's a chance you probably wouldn't be here now.