Is the retro gaming “fad” dying down?

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Top hat gaming man just bought himself a turbo express, his latest vid is him reviewing and showing it off, say's it all really, he's a collectard same as the youtube usual suspects he love's to slag off on his high horse, it's never ending with these guy's, it'll be a town's marty next for him.

He recently did a PC Engine/TG16 video where there were lots of factual mistakes. But who has time to do research when you're making videos? Just make some shit up for the views!

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Retro gaming is not a fad, but prices seem to have stabilized due to limited pool of buyers. There are always new collectors but most of them can't afford these overpriced garbage, so the sellers can't raise their price and really only selling to each other (via trades).

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
He recently did a PC Engine/TG16 video where there were lots of factual mistakes. But who has time to do research when you're making videos? Just make some shit up for the views!

Yeah he should stick to playing the games, which he was none to impressed with when he first got to play a pc engine BTW.
He's also got a dumb habit of needing to quote the game's story from the manual which i find really annoying especially when it's stuff like shooters, i'm scratching my head thinking are you serious ???, do we really want to know the back story to a fucking shmup lol.

Last edited:

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Yeah he should stick to playing the games, which he was none to impressed with when he first got to play a pc engine BTW.
He's also got a really annoying habit of needing to quote the game's story from the manual which i find really annoying especially when it's stuff like shooters, i'm scratching my head thinking are you serious ???, do we really want to know the back story to a fucking shmup lol.

What REALLY pissed me off was his video on how to "fit in" with the retro gaming scene. God what a cunt.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
He's also got a really annoying habit of needing to quote the game's story from the manual which i find really annoying...

What will he read out, when it's time for Pong? I wonder...

1. Deposit Quarter
2. Ball Will Serve Automatically
3. Avoid Missing Ball For High Score

-SD-

Camel Slug
Have a shelf or two rammed full of games you’ll never play.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
hahaha, soemone's always shrieking and ripping their hair out while the other person is dancing on the table and making money

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'd be lucky to play a single retro game all year I reckon.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
He's also got a dumb habit of needing to quote the game's story from the manual which i find really annoying especially when it's stuff like shooters, i'm scratching my head thinking are you serious ???, do we really want to know the back story to a fucking shmup lol.

Hey, no one bats 1.000. He is a super down to earth guy in person and really great to talk retro with at conventions. He really helped me understand a lot of retro that was pre-8bit.

He also runs a 100% to charity gaming convention to help a local space for abused kids, Cowlitz Gamers for Kids.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Hey, no one bats 1.000. He is a super down to earth guy in person and really great to talk retro with at conventions. He really helped me understand a lot of retro that was pre-8bit.

He also runs a 100% to charity gaming convention to help a local space for abused kids, Cowlitz Gamers for Kids.

I'm talking about top hat gaming man from the UK 16-bit, who most certainly does not do charity conventions in the US, i have no idea who your talking about.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
He’s talking about John Hancock.
I may not care for his style, but the charity work is admirable, to be sure.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

I would imagine theres not much to talk about outside of what hes constantly regurgitating from wikipedia and kotaku.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I wish it would die down. Then maybe this artificial inflation on otherwise cheap stuff will stop.