Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Yup...too much, on PC.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Good to know I'm not the only one.

What a fucking game it is.

I was wondering a few things that Gaston has gone some way to answering, namely what rank you were at, how much time you'd put in, what you were playing, any obvious tips I'm missing out on etc

I play on switch - I don't know for sure about compatibility but from what I hear it's just ps4 that is separate to the rest. I've racked up about 200 hours of play and I'm around gold 1, I'm not the best and I go through shit patches for some reason, consistency isn't quite there yet. I only really play duos, I've given 3s a few tries and it's a lot of fun, but 2s just seems more purist somehow?

Has anyone taken the time to download some training programs and hone skills that way? I'm thinking I probably should, but it's so much more fun just to play....

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
I have played this game more than anything I've ever played I think since it came out (PC & PS4 combined). It was free on PSN and I tried it for a match. Decided it was trash so wanted to remove it again. Played a couple of games with a buddy - got hooked. My GF hates this game because I spend too much time on it.

The reason I love it is that it's an easy to pick up game yet difficult to master and matches only last 5 minutes. It has longevity.
I only play 2v2 because the other modes feel more gimmicky. 3v3 is doable if you're playing with mates yet 4v4 is chaos all the time. 2v2 feels just right.
Cross play exists on PS4 with PC players only I believe (the player icon will show PsyNet logo).

If you want to take your skills to the next level, you cannot ignore training mode. Air dribbling, wall shots and the more extreme moves are best learned in training mode. But there's plenty there for basic stuff too. How to be a great goalie, how to make near-impossible shots etc. Generally speaking though, I feel the single most important part one should master is positioning- especially in 2V2. Don't ever get greedy and if one player is on full attack, hang back a little to give you options when the shit hits the fan. Gold 1 players often lack this skill, platinum players have got this down for the most part. And sure, you fuck up sometimes but in Platinum you'll get a lot of 'noob tm8' comments for it.

There are days when I win every match and there are days I lose all the time. I'm at peak now I think unless I start training.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Is it really that good? Never played, but the Ultimate Edition is coming out soon for PS4 so I could check it out.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Is it really that good? Never played, but the Ultimate Edition is coming out soon for PS4 so I could check it out.

First impressions are deceiving, this game is pure gold. But you will need to give it a fair chance!

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I changed my controller configuration a couple of weeks ago - I was assured it was going to improve my game in the long run. Slide is up on the shoulder now, as is boost.

It's a bitch getting used to it again. Do I think it was worth it? Time will tell.

At the moment though it's not as fun as it was.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I take long breaks but always come back, still able to hit diamond in ranked so I haven't lost all my mojo.