SNES Mini Classic HACK STUFF

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Been trying to read and watch what I can on this but where we at at this point?

Does it play a full-set of NEO roms using one core? (instead of muffin around with multiple cores to get them all to work)

CPS1, 2 and 3 all running? Or some still hit and miss?

Wheres the best place to be up to date on the latest news and developments for the hack to this system?

If you're scared, just PM me.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

Does it play a full-set of NEO roms using one core? (instead of muffin around with multiple cores to get them all to work)

Wheres the best place to be up to date on the latest news and developments for the hack to this system?

I no scare.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist

First of all;
Yes, the (S)NES mini runs Neo, CPS 1,2,3, without any major issues that I've found.

Depends on how tech-savvy you are but hackchi2 on github is the go-to source. If you' re less technically inclined, there are plenty of sites of you google.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Even using the retroarch core, there is still input lag, it's pretty bad too. Hope you have a good tv to offset it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
IMO the SNES classic is great at exactly one thing: Playing SNES games. The built in emulator is fantastic. Anything else? Get a Raspberry Pi and load Retropie or Recal or something.

You can run just about anything you want using Retroarch on the SNES. The SNES doesn't give you any advantages over Retroarch on the Pi, but gives some significant disadvantages like a lower speed processor, it's more of a pain to set up, very limited storage space, limited controller options, etc. The SNES classic's menu tends to be a nightmare if you load too many games also. Personally, I have my Classic loaded with about 60 SNES games, and a select few games that would feel right on the SNES but didn't get a port, such as the first TMNT arcade game and Double Dragon Advance.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
IMO the SNES classic is great at exactly one thing: Playing SNES games. The built in emulator is fantastic. Anything else? Get a Raspberry Pi and load Retropie or Recal or something.

You can run just about anything you want using Retroarch on the SNES. The SNES doesn't give you any advantages over Retroarch on the Pi, but gives some significant disadvantages like a lower speed processor, it's more of a pain to set up, very limited storage space, limited controller options, etc. The SNES classic's menu tends to be a nightmare if you load too many games also. Personally, I have my Classic loaded with about 60 SNES games, and a select few games that would feel right on the SNES but didn't get a port, such as the first TMNT arcade game and Double Dragon Advance.

Scrolled down to look for this. Get a pi for everything else.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The built in SNES Classic emu is better than any of the SNES emulators on the Pi on most games, so it's still worth getting. I can't say that about the NES Classic, the Pi is actually better for NES games.