MVS - Blue's Jourmey, No Sound and Some Garbled Graphics

Dropwire

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hello all, I am just getting into the Neo Geo MVS. So far have been able to repair 4 defective MV-1C units that I picked up from eBay. The seller threw in 2 games with the purchase, "King of Fighters 2003" & "Blue's Journey". KOF2003 works great, however Blue's Journey does not have sound and there are some garbled graphics on the game menu and demo video.

I opened the cart and it was in rough shape, looks like someone went crazy with solder flux. The boards look original SNK but it does look like some of the ICs / ROMs have been changed. Also there appear to be empty positions on the board where there should possibly be SMD resistors and capacitors.

I cleaned up the flux, redid any cold solder joints, repaired a few broken traces, re-seated 2 of the "non-original" ROM ICs on the program board. Still no luck, looking for some advice or guidance. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.Blues_Journey_P-Board Top.jpgBlues_Journey_P-Board Bottom.jpgBlues_Journey_CHA Board Top.jpgBlues_Journey_CHA Board Bottom.jpg

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
That's a filthy bootleg, dude. Throw it in the trash and buy a legit copy.

Dropwire

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Yeah, it’s pretty bad. As I said though the seller threw it in for free. So I figure before I throw it out, I could try to use it as a learning tool for future cartridge repair. Was hoping someone might have a schematic or write up on the correct components, or a pic of a legitimate Blue’s Journey Cart that I could compare it to. Once again thanks for your replies,