Gameboy (DMG, DMG-01, MGB-001 *** NOT AGS-001, AGS-101 or CGB-001) role playing games?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Besides Final Fantasy...any worth checking out?

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
There's an English fan translation for Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru that's legit as fuck.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
If you're into tactics RPGs, Little Masters just recently got an english translation.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
When did this trend of referring to the Gameboy as the DMG start? I should go dig my MGB-101 out of the closet.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
When did this trend of referring to the Gameboy as the DMG start? I should go dig my MGB-101 out of the closet.

Hahah for me it's because it gets confused with Gameboy color or advance. And I spent years modding Gameboys and it made it easier to sort parts, etc. It's the actual model name of the original Gameboy. Also less letters than "original"

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Hahah for me it's because it gets confused with Gameboy color or advance. And I spent years modding Gameboys and it made it easier to sort parts, etc. It's the actual model name of the original Gameboy. Also less letters than "original"

I'm with mads on this.

Um Pokemon? :keke:

I thought that was too obvious, but probably the only RPG I finished. Ever.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I have wonderful memories with Link's Awakening, though that's an obvious one.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I have wonderful memories with Link's Awakening, though that's an obvious one.

funny enough, I always skipped on Zelda for some odd reason. I should go back and revisit.

STAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHPPPPPPP

hahaha I get it, I'm frustrated with plenty of stuff in this hobby...like when people call the standard version of a game "vanilla"...drives me up the fucking wall...but original Gameboys are LITERALLY "DMGs"...it's almost the scientific term for them. But on the other hand, it's like calling them Vanilla Gameboys....so I get it.

There's an English fan translation for Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru that's legit as fuck.

On the flash cart now, starting tonight

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You should play Link's Awakening, but play the GBC version. The color adds a lot to the game IMO.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member

B&W?! you lazy fuck. :)

Also play Gargoyle's Quest if you haven't already. Its got some RPG elements and some of the best music on the system.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
B&W?! you lazy fuck. :)

Also play Gargoyle's Quest if you haven't already. Its got some RPG elements and some of the best music on the system.

But what if I have a red backlight? LOL I still don't get the trigger for peeps...I think people were referring to Xbox 360's by model number, people refer to the backlit GBA's by model number....come on they are literally DMGs, and Madman joked about the MGB, but if you are buying buttons or case parts or resistors for backlights, etc...you would refer to it as that. I blame Nintendo for making so many damn hardware iterations of similarly named things.

I have played Gargoyle's Quest multiple times, always been a favorite on the system, honestly. Very true about the music, amazing game.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
But what if I have a red backlight? LOL I still don't get the trigger for peeps...I think people were referring to Xbox 360's by model number, people refer to the backlit GBA's by model number....come on they are literally DMGs, and Madman joked about the MGB, but if you are buying buttons or case parts or resistors for backlights, etc...you would refer to it as that. I blame Nintendo for making so many damn hardware iterations of similarly named things.

People usually just say "Gameboy".

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Gameboy
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Light
GameBoy Color
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Gameboy Micro

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

*Edit* For RPG recommendations, try Rolan's Curse 1+2.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Adapter. The Advantage isn't cool like you remember.