What do you make of the White Helmets?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I don't want to get all conspirative but at the very least I am certain they are partial to one side in the Syrian conflict and have strong ties to Mossad and other similar intel.
If you check Wikipedia the "description" is very suspect indeed.
Now they've been evacuated into Israel, these heroes

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
One of the biggest problems in the world is exposure to RT as a news source. Trust when when I tell you that it is not reliable at all.

I don’t get the point of demonizing evacuation and rescue teams.

But I also don’t get the appeal of being pissed on by hookers, or threatening a third world country with the caps lock key turned on.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Helmets_(Syrian_Civil_War)
Lots of references to the smear campaign from RT and Syria state groups.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
One of the biggest problems in the world is exposure to RT as a news source. Trust when when I tell you that it is not reliable at all.

I don’t get the point of demonizing evacuation and rescue teams.

But I also don’t get the appeal of being pissed on by hookers, or threatening a third world country with the caps lock key turned on.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Helmets_(Syrian_Civil_War)
Lots of references to the smear campaign from RT and Syria state groups.

Cool stuff appreciate the input. Calling them terrorists seemed very odd to me

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
People from all sorts of groups move into and out of White Helmets. No different than any of those other groups in that region really. But since they are supposed to be a force for good, when someone in their group does their own thing, the entire group gets cast in a shadow.

Basically the way the situation is over there, you can't trust any media coverage of it, nothing any political person says, or anything any particular group supposedly does.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
People from all sorts of groups move into and out of White Helmets. No different than any of those other groups in that region really. But since they are supposed to be a force for good, when someone in their group does their own thing, the entire group gets cast in a shadow.

Basically the way the situation is over there, you can't trust any media coverage of it, nothing any political person says, or anything any particular group supposedly does.

The problem that white helmets post to Russia and Syria is that they can report on assad killing Syrians. This makes them a threat to Russian interests.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Still, Nethanyahu

The problem that white helmets post to Russia and Syria is that they can report on assad killing Syrians. This makes them a threat to Russian interests.

Still, Netanyahu ushering them into Israel under his protective wing is at the very least, a appropriation of the narrative

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Still, Netanyahu ushering them into Israel under his protective wing is at the very least, a appropriation of the narrative

Could also mean that they were taken out of potentially reporting on Israel bad actions.

Israel is the most genocidal maniac in human history, with over 5 decades of Arab cleansing, so whatever. Fuck humans.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member

We don't live in a world where RT is the only news org in Syria. There are news orgs not affiliated with US/Israel or Russia that are there that have reported on White Helmets in a non-favorable light in the past.

I'm not sure if the idea of a state infiltrating White Helmets makes much sense (that is what the conspiracy theorists talk about) when just using the flavor of the month terrorist groups usually works out much better.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
We don't live in a world where RT is the only news org in Syria. There are news orgs not affiliated with US/Israel or Russia that are there that have reported on White Helmets in a non-favorable light in the past.

I'm not sure if the idea of a state infiltrating White Helmets makes much sense (that is what the conspiracy theorists talk about) when just using the flavor of the month terrorist groups usually works out much better.

What other Alex Jones Kremlin talking points do you have?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The only news source I like listening to about the Middle East anymore is Syrianagirl and that's because I find her strangely deep voice oddly mesmerizing.

I have no idea if she's full of shit or not.