Sad day: Sega Blast city no video.

ovalfastlx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Decide to fire up the Blast City today and got sound but no video. I've had the black residue on my chassis for some time now but every thing had been working fine until today. Is this it for the monitor or can a cap kit fix it?

It's a MS2931
It checked two fuses on the chassis and they check out fine. Is there more? I haven't taken out the monitor.

There's no neck glow. [emoji17]

And can still the monitor clicking for auto switching?

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
That black potting compound was found to be non conductive so it didn't do anything. There are a ton of thigns that could be wrong. Cap kit might fix it, your HOT may have blown, even the Voltage Regulator goes out on those. It's a tough one to fix, CRT repair shops won't touch them cause they can't guarantee their work.

ovalfastlx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
That black potting compound was found to be non conductive so it didn't do anything. There are a ton of thigns that could be wrong. Cap kit might fix it, your HOT may have blown, even the Voltage Regulator goes out on those. It's a tough one to fix, CRT repair shops won't touch them cause they can't guarantee their work.
Thanks. Well I put an order for a cap kit and the filter caps too. I'll see about the voltage regulators and HOT, don't know where to find those on the board.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk