Sega ST-V MODBIOS v1.11 disables P1 Start in Radiant Silvergun!

Dylan

n00b
Hi all, first time poster but huge fan of this community.

I just obtained an ST-V MODBIOS v1.11 from EBay seller gamerok and it works great for all games (enables play of Astra Super Stars on a US board, enables the JP version of Radiant Silvergun so I can use all 3 buttons, etc)...EXCEPT P1 Start button is completely unusable in Radiant Silvergun!

The P1 Start input works fine in test mode, but P1 Start is completely unusable in RS regardless of region setting. Double-checked by replacing the old BIOS and trying with other games (Cotton 2, etc), and everything works fine on those.

I searched the web and found no mention of this issue, which is weird because it’s a huge issue for one of the most popular ST-V games.

Has anyone else come across this? Assuming this isn’t some weird chip-specific issue, I’m concerned that v1.11 may have clobbered P1 Start for RS and there seem to be no updates since then...thanks in advance!

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Have you done an input test with the modbios on the board?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I've never had a problem with RS on the multi. Make sure you use JP mode for that game, US cripples some buttons iirc.

Dylan

n00b
Have you done an input test with the modbios on the board?

Yep, that’s the weird thing. P1 Start works fine on the input test, but after the patent screen where the region is applied, P1 Start becomes unusable. All 3 attack buttons work great when in JP mode (I guess they thought 3 buttons was too many for US arcade operators so they simplified the US version...so sad :-( )

I suspect the multi (from Darksoft?) isn’t exactly the same as the MODBIOS 1.11. Interested if anyone else with a legit copy of Radiant Silvergun has come across this issue. Thanks!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I have the modbios and a legit radiant silvergun, never had any issue.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Dirty cart? Try it on a non-mod bios, and see if the Start button works. If not, it might be the cart.

Last edited: