NEOSD PRO MVS video

neosd

Neosd Developer
I think my answer from yesterday looked like a bit "yeah yeah, its all ok",

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ells-PREVIEW&p=4308707&viewfull=1#post4308707

So i decided to upload a video in order to show NEOSD PRO MVS.

Both NEOSD PRO MVS and NEOSD PRO AES are done, we are just working into produce those : sourching chips, finishing the manual, boxart and so.

We don´t have a release date cause this time we are going to sell the carts only when in stock. We can´t live with backorders anymore and we are not going to rush any aspect of the design. So please, be patient, its done, its near and will come soon, but we don´t have any date.

I promise the final product it will not dissapoint anyone

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Looks good...

xROTx

PS. How come you're clothed when showing these videos? You may need some advice on Rot Type Self Promotion...

neosd

Neosd Developer
I'm sure he could set it to 4:3 instead of widescreen if he wanted.

I even have a framemeister lying arround, but i am not a RGB nazi, it looks good to me :P (don´t blame my taste please)

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Nice suprise to see this today. I'm sure everything will be top notch when it's done. Keep up the good work Alex. I will try to remain patient :keke:

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Looks great brother! This is all I need to complete my AES setup... Can't wait for this to come out!!

abathur

Kuroko's Training Dummy
vrgitCm.png

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I think my answer from yesterday looked like a bit "yeah yeah, its all ok",

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ells-PREVIEW&p=4308707&viewfull=1#post4308707

So i decided to upload a video in order to show NEOSD PRO MVS.

Both NEOSD PRO MVS and NEOSD PRO AES are done, we are just working into produce those : sourching chips, finishing the manual, boxart and so.

We don´t have a release date cause this time we are going to sell the carts only when in stock. We can´t live with backorders anymore and we are not going to rush any aspect of the design. So please, be patient, its done, its near and will come soon, but we don´t have any date.

I promise the final product it will not dissapoint anyone

This looks great. Will very likely get one, however I just noticed something: Shouldn't Garou start with the "Certainly, they existed" intro, instead of the buildings one? Anyway, sure it can be easily fixed.

neosd

Neosd Developer
This looks great. Will very likely get one, however I just noticed something: Shouldn't Garou start with the "Certainly, they existed" intro, instead of the buildings one? Anyway, sure it can be easily fixed.

It depends on where it was on the previous cycle, if the last intro you watched was the other one, the next cycle it will show the "certainly they existed". The "certainly they existed" intro showed the previous time when the game run for the first time after the flashing into flash.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
It depends on where it was on the previous cycle, if the last intro you watched was the other one, the next cycle it will show the "certainly they existed". The "certainly they existed" intro showed the previous time when the game run for the first time after the flashing into flash.

Hey, thanks for the reply, however I do not get this part: "It depends on where it was on the previous cycle" what is a previous cycle and how can the game remember where it was? also, when you tested Garou on your video it had not been played before since powering on the neogeo, so it should have started with the "Certainly" intro, the same way the original game does. Anyway, I know it can/will be fixed, just want to point it out to make sure the cart is perfect.

neodev

Neosd Tech
Hey, thanks for the reply, however I do not get this part: "It depends on where it was on the previous cycle" what is a previous cycle and how can the game remember where it was? also, when you tested Garou on your video it had not been played before since powering on the neogeo, so it should have started with the "Certainly" intro, the same way the original game does. Anyway, I know it can/will be fixed, just want to point it out to make sure the cart is perfect.

IIRC, garou saves the intro cycle to the backup ram, so it continues playing the next intro cycle when it't rebooted, so as it was booted before recording the video, it continued where it left.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
IIRC, garou saves the intro cycle to the backup ram, so it continues playing the next intro cycle when it't rebooted, so as it was booted before recording the video, it continued where it left.

Yup, many games do this, not just Garou. Other examples include Last Blade 1 and 2, sengoku 3 with entirely different attract modes. Not just that, lots of games use a var in backupRAM to show different game play demos within attract mode. An example, sonicwings 2 has different play cycles in attract mode. Then of course there is Waku Waku 7 which does some things after x cycles if I remember right.

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
Then of course there is Waku Waku 7 which does some things after x cycles if I remember right.

I HAD NO IDEA. I don't think I ever let my copy run through more than 1 cycle anyways, I'm going to have to let it run for awhile and see what it does. Love that game.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I even have a framemeister lying arround, but i am not a RGB nazi, it looks good to me :P (don´t blame my taste please)

Unfortunately, from the SSDS3 experience, a majority of your customers seem to be RGB Nazi's...it's probably best to show these videos off in the right aspect ratio, 'cause you know they're going to lose their shit when they see the image stretched like this.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Unfortunately, from the SSDS3 experience, a majority of your customers seem to be RGB Nazi's...it's probably best to show these videos off in the right aspect ratio, 'cause you know they're going to lose their shit when they see the image stretched like this.

Thanks for the sugestion

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Yup, many games do this, not just Garou. Other examples include Last Blade 1 and 2, sengoku 3 with entirely different attract modes. Not just that, lots of games use a var in backupRAM to show different game play demos within attract mode. An example, sonicwings 2 has different play cycles in attract mode. Then of course there is Waku Waku 7 which does some things after x cycles if I remember right.

Thanks for the information guys, I had no idea about Garou saving the "cycle" on the BackupRAM. I have never seen that though, mine seems to always start with the "certainly" part.

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
Thanks for the information guys, I had no idea about Garou saving the "cycle" on the BackupRAM. I have never seen that though, mine seems to always start with the "certainly" part.

Maybe it resets periodically.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Looks good...

xROTx

PS. How come you're clothed when showing these videos? You may need some advice on Rot Type Self Promotion...
lttp but left hand doesnt show and neither do pants, soo there may be some self ??/? Looks cool hope it doesnt cut my values.. Joking aside I hope for your great success and longevity to require new mvs boards to be made even.