Yaton Naomi carts, russian bios and Naomi 2 fun! Error 01

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
:annoyed:

I bought a few carts from Yaton on ebay, one being Dynamite dekka 2: Asian Dynamite and Heavy Metal Geomatrix.

All my other carts work fine, this is on a japanese Naomi 2 that looked basically new when I imported it.

As soon as I try to boot one of those games, I get an "error 01 - THIS GAME IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BY MAIN BOARD"

I tried cleaning the carts, but no cigar.

Maybe it was a weird region issue? I got on ebay and ordered one of those multi region bios from Russia that allows you to select the region using dip switches on the mobo.

Still does the same error message.

Checking online, I saw a bunch of reports about how Dynamite Dekka 2 Asian Dynamite needs the latest "C" version of the bios as its a late release.. I'm not sure if the multi bios is based on that version, but the seller claims it's based on "the latest version"

Still, if it was a region issue, Heavy Metal Geomatrix wouldnt be spitting out that error.. Both carts are identified as being "Unknown Title" in the service menu..

I'm now assuming that the carts are D.O.A.

Yaton is claiming that both games worked fine on his end.

Any insight?

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
I never had problems with Yaton

That said. https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_NAOMI_Error_Codes

It looks like if it was a region error you would be getting an error 02
but you are getting an Error 01 which means the board isnt reading the cart data for w/e reason. Make sure there's a solid connection on the Naomi. Back when I ran carts I would get this error sometimes even though the cart ran perfectly fine. Sometimes it took a couple of reboots and reseats.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I had Dynamite dekka 2 and had no issues w/it on either my NAOMI 1 or 2 mobos, not sure on BIOS revs but I guess I could check my 2 mobo if you want. Some games did require more effort to press down as Geekman says. I highly doubt Yaton tests everything he has considering the volume he does, when I used to buy his coalmine carts he'd just sent a replacement if something was broken.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
I had Dynamite dekka 2 and had no issues w/it on either my NAOMI 1 or 2 mobos, not sure on BIOS revs but I guess I could check my 2 mobo if you want. Some games did require more effort to press down as Geekman says. I highly doubt Yaton tests everything he has considering the volume he does, when I used to buy his coalmine carts he'd just sent a replacement if something was broken.

Yeah Yanton is generally quite fair, at worst it wasnt actually tested or died on arrival. He will probably replace it if you do all your due diligence.

Also technically theres supposed to be 4 or 6 screws to hold the cart down (probably to prevent this issue to begin with) but who does that I sure didnt

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yeah Yanton is generally quite fair, at worst it wasnt actually tested or died on arrival. He will probably replace it if you do all your due diligence.

Also technically theres supposed to be 4 or 6 screws to hold the cart down (probably to prevent this issue to begin with) but who does that I sure didnt

I have my Dimm locked down on the board. I had the same issues with my first Dimm for a bit till I ratcheted it down.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I bought a Dynamite Dekka 2 kit from Yaton recently (cart and motherboard) and it works fine. The BIOS in the NAOMI is a match with MAME's epr-21578h.ic27 image. The game boots also with the MultiBIOS bearing the md5sum ba1a1745d65e1459bcc59695cd246bfc.