Businesses you don't frequent out of principle

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Uhuh. I'm saying both are wrong. You're asserting that it's OK to call someone the n-word objectively. I'm saying you're drawing a false equivalence with "retard".

No one was called anything.
I'm saying it should be OK to say something when using it objectively. Having to use "n-word" is making it worse. All it does it empower pejorative.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
On topic: I went to Chik Fil A today and my Jeez-us nuggets were amazing.

As far as the N word goes: I never use it. Search the forum. I"ve never used it and never will.
My inventions of blax and negroids (negro-humanoids) is just me being goofy.

What do you guys think of the word Negro?

i don't think you know what the word humanoid means.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Pretty sure that OP referenced Papa John's CEO using the n-word, which is why they won't be getting his business. And I'd assume that the Papa John's PR is what spurred OP to create the thread. So I think we're pretty close to on-topic. Either way, at least a few people realize you shouldn't use the n-word and that it's pretty fucked to be arguing when it's OK to use it. I feel like a dweeb saying "the n-word" but what else can I call it?

If we are going to argue nuance, I’m with you. I think it’s super childish to refer to t as “the n word” like we are 2nd graders.

It generally comes down to this:

Are you using the word with intent? Does it generally come from hate? I can make the argument about comedy and culture/art.

That being said, no one here is Tarantino or Pryor... so just be a decent person and don’t use the t em.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
No one wants equality, they just want the system working in their favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.