Businesses you don't frequent out of principle

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yes, but all this N-word media has been misrepresented. He did use it objectively, which should NOT result in backlash. I'm fairly certain most people don't get past the headline based on social media comments.

This type of lambasting is out of hand. You wouldn't berate a scientist for saying "retard" when discussing the FMR1 gene. ( fragileX mental retardation 1).
Yes, retard was/is a technical term.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Yes, but all this N-word media has been misrepresented. He did use it objectively, which should NOT result in backlash. I'm fairly certain most people don't get past the headline based on social media comments.

This type of lambasting is out of hand. You wouldn't berate a scientist for saying "retard" when discussing the FMR1 gene. ( fragileX mental retardation 1).

I don't order their food because it tastes like my ass and a ham sandwich.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
To the point, he's losing a lot of business because people disagree with his business practices and his personal views.

Don't like it? Sit in the background and collect your millions. It's how private enterprise works.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
If black people are allowed to use the N word, are... special people... allowed to use the R word? :p

I don't know. But I'm allowed to use the words tranny and faggot because I am/have been part of that oppressed sector of people. So knowing that, I know that YOU can at least use the word "faggot" or "omega cocksucking loser".

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I agree that context matters in these things, look at what he said. It's kind of a racist jealousy. It's like he's thinking out loud 'Oh man, Colonel Sanders got to call the blax (this is a GregN thread, btw, you guys are all spelling it wrong) whatever he liked, how come I got to watch what I say?'.

A rich asshole lost his job for being a racist d-bag, now he'll have to retire with his millions on a yacht somewhere. Boo-fucking-hoo.

I'm not denying he isn't an asshole Just I look at it in the context if anyone else had said it who was considered a decent human being they'd have probably gotten a slap on the wrist. Even if it's racist jealously it's still true that back in the early days, you could say shit like that and nothing would happen. While I agree that the racist comments need to just go away, we've swung way too damn far on how to punish people for even a miss-step. Social Media should never be a judge and jury on what people say and yet here we are where a person's life is fucking destroyed because someone said something fucking offensive on twitter.

It's one of the main reasons i still don't have a Twitter account and my Facebook page is a ghost town. I don't want to say something and someone get all asshurt because I hurt their feelings.

Being half black myself *My father was black if you're that curious* I grew up in a time where racism was way more out in the open then it is now. When i see so many people using the "Racist Card" for even the smallest of imagined slights, it just really makes me wonder what happened and then I remembered, The internet happened.

Last edited:

fake

15 Year Member

Fuckin' A, man. Using the N word "objectively" is OK? So you see a black dude, say, "Hey, look, a [n-word]!" and that's cool? OK. Why do you feel jilted when people face backlash for using that word?

Yup, "retard" used to be used medically decades ago - before any of us were born. But the public took it and changed it into a pejorative. Now we have Ann Coulter literally calling Obama a retard. Even so, I wouldn't give a doctor shit for saying "mentally retarded" because it would be in context and not be used as a slur. But I guess it's hard for people to not use the term? Freedom!!! :thevt:

Ann Coulter:
"I highly approve of Romney's decision to be kind and gentle to the retard." Oct. 2012

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Fuckin' A, man. Using the N word "objectively" is OK? So you see a black dude, say, "Hey, look, a [n-word]!" and that's cool? OK. Why do you feel jilted when people face backlash for using that word?

Even being of mixed race, I don't use it. Not because I'm "scared" but because I just don't care enough about the word to give a shit. Oh and I'll call someone a retard all day long if they're acting like it.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Retardation is a technical term. And it isn't used very often anymore.
"Retard" (N) is most often used as an epithet based on that word.

See also: Spastic (UK).

Last edited:

fake

15 Year Member
"Retard" is most often used as an epithet based on that word.

I didn't know about spastic until Nintendo recalled Mario Party 8 because it had "spastic" in the UK release.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
If you ask, more often than not they'll open it for you - albeit behind the counter so theres less of a chance of you grabbing it and running off.

I asked and got denied. They can keep their greasy, cum encrusted consoles and games.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member

Yup, "retard" used to be used medically decades ago - before any of us were born. But the public took it and changed it into a pejorative. Now we have Ann Coulter literally calling Obama a retard. Even so, I wouldn't give a doctor shit for saying "mentally retarded" because it would be in context and not be used as a slur. But I guess it's hard for people to not use the term? Freedom!!! :thevt:

Ann Coulter:
"I highly approve of Romney's decision to be kind and gentle to the retard." Oct. 2012

Using the colloquial pejorative is not objective.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
"Retard" (N) is most often used as an epithet based on that word.

It was offically changed in 2013 to neurocognitive disabled from retard.
FMR1 is still FMR1.

fake

15 Year Member
Using the colloquial pejorative is not objective.

Uhuh. I'm saying both are wrong. You're asserting that it's OK to call someone the n-word objectively. I'm saying you're drawing a false equivalence with "retard".

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I've asked black friends how it feels when a white person says nigger. We've peacefully discussed the ger and the ga. Huge difference but in general us white folks should avoid it.

In a educational setting where your encouraging vocalizing feelings it's criminal to punish someone.

Whites need to see passionate responses to even come close to attempting understanding. Right now, we know it's an easy trigger.

A couple years ago I had a young black lady go off on me over her driving inability. We pulled up to one another and she was waiting for me to drop the bomb. Instead I just told her grow up lady.

She was speechless so I drove off.

Nothing's better than blowing someone's mind.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
one of my favorite things to do is watch white people discuss their feelings about "nigga" after one of them says it, especially when they are aware that black people could hear/see them having the conversation

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
one of my favorite things to do is watch white people discuss their feelings about "nigga" after one of them says it, especially when they are aware that black people could hear/see them having the conversation

Sounds like a fun way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Good informative response, thanks for sharing dipshit.

You really had to talk to other people to find out that maybe using racist terms is a dick move? Yea, don't think you can call anyone else a dipshit after that one. If you wanna get pissy, keep it in your Bon Jovi thread.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Is it acceptable to say the N-word if you're at a Korean karaoke establishment and it is part of the song but the next room is full of teh blax?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
You've been conditioned not to say the word but in a moment of anger would say it in a second.

Sharing feelings will insure you never say it in anger again. Have you ever had someone tear up describing their feelings about it?

It doesn't seem so. I could be completely wrong but I doubt it. Reading people's psyche off their posts is easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.