Businesses you don't frequent out of principle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
You just said the N-word. Ban plz.

Dude, chillax. It's like barely offensive. It's like "retard". They don't even know that you're making fun of them, so what's the big deal?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Dude, chillax. It's like barely offensive. It's like "retard". They don't even know that you're making fun of them, so what's the big deal?

Too late. I am boycotting your Youtube channels unless you go on an apology tour.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
You just said the N-word. Ban plz.

Well, we know you're in favor of Papa John's new marketing campaign:

2LGt9Ltl.jpg

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Too late. I am boycotting your Youtube channels unless you go on an apology tour.

That might be fun. I think I'll launch a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for an RV, and then I can drive around the states apologizing to people and meeting fans. How could that possibly be a bad idea?

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Well, let me see.

I don't go to McDonalds, they fucked up my order too many times. Quit going there about 5 years ago.

I don't go to Taco Bell, they fucked me over one too many times, that and the last time I was there it was depressing, with a 30 min wait for a damn burrito. That was about 4 years ago.

I don't go to Arby's, went there one night, the big sign out front listed two of this new sandwich for $7. Ordered it, got charged full price for each and then asked about it. The manager said that is with a coupon only, even though it doesn't say it on the sign. Filled out my survey, got a call from corporate, offered free food and told them to piss off I was never spending my money there again. That was about 3 years ago.

I don't go to O'Charley's, last time I went they fucked up everyone's order at the table. We all had to send our food back 3 times. That was about 21 years ago.

Don't go to Cracker Barrel. Ate there three times, never got a hot meal any of those time. Last time I went. I sat near the kitchen and could see them sit my food in the area for the server to pick up, over a half hour later our server got it and brought it to us. Didn't pay for that shit and never went back, that was about 17 years ago.

Don't go to Licks (it's a local place) Walked in and watched them drop someone's ice cream and then pick it up by hand and put it back on the cone. I think that was close to 25 years ago.

Don't do Pappa John's, since back during the Obama Care fiasco days. The stupidity that was expounded by that company taste worse than their heartburn inducing pizza.

Won't Order from Domino's, since they changed their recipe all those years back. May as well just chew on a garlic clove, it taste about the same.

Don't deal with one of the local auto dealerships any more as they tried to fuck me on some repair work costs.

Don't buy from one of the local hobby shops as they did some mighty price jacking and practice some shady tactics.

Don't buy from one of the other local hobby shops as the owner is a crook.

Don't buy from one of the local game places as they like to not price things but just check ebay prices when you bring shit to the counter.

The list just kind of goes on and on.

I also tend to not shop at places that are crowded. I've been to the store many times and just turned my car around when I seen the parking lot.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The odd thing about PJs pizza is the toppings, cheese and sauce isn't bad but fuck the crust. I'd rather eat the cardboard box. I'd rather have bland or tasteless crust but nasty tasting crust??? It's not like sweet and sour chicken where the two opposites compliment one another.

I just accept that genetically speaking mutation to tastebuds occurs. Next Xmen movie papa gens should sponsor.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
So instead of telling Arby’s no thanks and asking for your money back you continued the transaction because you needed junk food that badly. Then you filled out a comment card, they tried to make it right and you refused. You don’t think that’s all a little unreasonable for a <$10 transaction? Why did you fill out the card? To exact your revenge on some barely above minimum wage manager? You showed them!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Well, let me see.

I don't go to McDonalds, they fucked up my order too many times. Quit going there about 5 years ago.

I don't go to Taco Bell, they fucked me over one too many times, that and the last time I was there it was depressing, with a 30 min wait for a damn burrito. That was about 4 years ago.

I don't go to Arby's, went there one night, the big sign out front listed two of this new sandwich for $7. Ordered it, got charged full price for each and then asked about it. The manager said that is with a coupon only, even though it doesn't say it on the sign. Filled out my survey, got a call from corporate, offered free food and told them to piss off I was never spending my money there again. That was about 3 years ago.

I don't go to O'Charley's, last time I went they fucked up everyone's order at the table. We all had to send our food back 3 times. That was about 21 years ago.

Don't go to Cracker Barrel. Ate there three times, never got a hot meal any of those time. Last time I went. I sat near the kitchen and could see them sit my food in the area for the server to pick up, over a half hour later our server got it and brought it to us. Didn't pay for that shit and never went back, that was about 17 years ago.

Don't go to Licks (it's a local place) Walked in and watched them drop someone's ice cream and then pick it up by hand and put it back on the cone. I think that was close to 25 years ago.

Don't do Pappa John's, since back during the Obama Care fiasco days. The stupidity that was expounded by that company taste worse than their heartburn inducing pizza.

Won't Order from Domino's, since they changed their recipe all those years back. May as well just chew on a garlic clove, it taste about the same.

Don't deal with one of the local auto dealerships any more as they tried to fuck me on some repair work costs.

Don't buy from one of the local hobby shops as they did some mighty price jacking and practice some shady tactics.

Don't buy from one of the other local hobby shops as the owner is a crook.

Don't buy from one of the local game places as they like to not price things but just check ebay prices when you bring shit to the counter.

The list just kind of goes on and on.

I also tend to not shop at places that are crowded. I've been to the store many times and just turned my car around when I seen the parking lot.

It would probably be easier to list the businesses you do frequent ;)

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
There's a shitty chain of game stores in Colorado called Doc's.

I went into one about 6 months after it opened. As I walked in the door, one of the employees handed me a flier. On one side was information about an Xbox 360 they were raffling off to customers, on the other side was a coupon for 3 free used games with purchase of 3 more used games on any system older than the Wii at the time.

So I looked around and most of their pricing was insanely high even taking into account I'd only be paying 50%. But I managed to scrounge up 6 Atari Jag carts I didn't have yet, took them up to the counter.

And the dude refused to honor the coupon. The one he handed me when I walked in the door.

He said that the offer was only good for their opening weekend.

I looked, and there was no expiration date nor any restrictions printed on the coupon.

He said he only handed it to me because of the Xbox raffle, but he handed it to me with the coupon facing up.

I mean first off, who the hell else is gonna come in and buy 6 Jaguar carts?

And who the hell won't honor a coupon they themselves handed to the customer as they entered the store?

So I left and never went back.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Didn't eat at the Bell for about 20 years after a bout of food poisoning. At first, passing one made me feel a little green but after a while, it was just principle. However, it's now the closest fast food shithouse to my job so I just sucked it up and go every now and then. Cheesy Gordita Crunches are pretty good for garbage food.

Other than that, most of the places I refuse to go are just because the one near me is a fucking dump (Walmart always smells like piss and rotting cardboard, Burger King can't get an order right to save their lives) or because the place sucks (Gamestop, Mickey D's, Golden Corral, buffets in general, etc.).

I wouldn't go to a place like Hobby Lobby if you paid me anyway so I don't particularly care that the owners are evangelical shitstains.

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
So instead of telling Arby’s no thanks and asking for your money back you continued the transaction because you needed junk food that badly. Then you filled out a comment card, they tried to make it right and you refused. You don’t think that’s all a little unreasonable for a <$10 transaction? Why did you fill out the card? To exact your revenge on some barely above minimum wage manager? You showed them!

I ordered it and didn't get a total until I got to the window. If the stuff had been good then I could have let that slide, but it was pretty awful. It was an online survey. I don't care what the manager makes. If you job is customer service, the just do your fucking job. As far as making it right, they didn't bother, they just tried to buy me off. I don't buy into that corporate we did nothing wrong but here take this and shut up.

Also B/W TV > N64

Though playing one on a B/W tv may be an improvment, as everything wouldn't look like shit brown and puke green that nintendo seemed to use for 75% of their color pallets in it's games back then.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I ordered it and didn't get a total until I got to the window. If the stuff had been good then I could have let that slide, but it was pretty awful. It was an online survey. I don't care what the manager makes. If you job is customer service, the just do your fucking job. As far as making it right, they didn't bother, they just tried to buy me off. I don't buy into that corporate we did nothing wrong but here take this and shut up.

Also B/W TV > N64

Though playing one on a B/W tv may be an improvment, as everything wouldn't look like shit brown and puke green that nintendo seemed to use for 75% of their color pallets in it's games back then.

I’m with you.

I don’t care if your job sucks, you fucking do it well. Period.

Anything else is a cop out and the lack of pride is the reason anyone over 25 is working there. It shows.

If you were smart enough and motivated enough to know that, you’d be hustling somewhere else.

The excuse of “it’s a McJob” is tired. By lacking pride and motivation, you’re only fucking your fellow working class folks over.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
As far as making it right, they didn't bother, they just tried to buy me off.
If over compensating you for their mistake isn't making it right, what is? What would have been a successful resolution for you?

Tacitus

Staff member

What a bullshit finger wag....

P.S. the fucking corporation asked for his opinion and he gave it.

..and fuck that manager.

People like that know exactly what they are doing. They recognize that they're fucktards, Fucking the customer over is usually done because:

a. they have been instructed to do it and are likely trivially incentivized to keep it going, proving they're an asshole.

b. they have small, shitty lives where exerting power over people with a low-quality sandwich is the only thing keeping them from rinsing their mouth out with buckshot.

c. they live in fear of losing this slightly-above-indentured servitude job for some personal reason and they've traded their obedience and pride over to corporation for a few dollars above the government assistance line.

Don't get me wrong, working and participating is a fucking admirable endeavor. Everyone should. I've had some amazingly shitty and horrifying jobs. (Yes, worse that you.. I guarantee it.) While everyone would love to tell you a great story about good people slaving away in these menial positions, the truth is... They're probably there for a reason and they're likely an asshole.

I genuinely feel bad for the folks falling under group C. They're in the minority in my experience.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'd like to add 2 places that are on the bubble for me:

Gamestop - They sell too much merch garbage from thinkgeek for me. I avoid them if I can help it, but if I'm desperate for something on launch day or they have a nice pre-order bonus, I reluctantly go there.

Wal*Mart - It sometimes can be hard to avoid for the basics. And it's easier to avoid near my house because Target is practically down the street from me. The Wal*Mart closest to me is out of the way and not open 24 hours. When I'm at my Dad's I go there because it's more convenient, closer, and open 24 hours. It's the only place I know of now that sells Big Red in 24 packs. :keke: The reasons I don't shop there is because they treat their employees like shit, and you just feel dirty and uncomfortable there.

I've only been to Chik-Fil-A 2-3 times, and I admit their food is good and their prices are too. The McDs classic chicken sandwich that used to be $3 (I don't know if it still is I haven't had it in awhile) fits the bill nicely.

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
If over compensating you for their mistake isn't making it right, what is? What would have been a successful resolution for you?

I never asked for being compensated. My original complaint is that I think it is wrong to advertise a price on your big sign out front and charge more than that for the item. Then to only reveal that price is only good with a coupon, though that is not listed on the sign. When I spoke on the phone to their rep, they wouldn't state if that was or wasn't their policy, and every time I tried to get clarification on it they just tried to avoid the issue and offer me a email coupon for some free food. I didn't want free food, I wanted it addressed that this is a bull shit anti consumer policy. So they kept deflecting and I told them not to worry about it, I wouldn't be coming back.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I never asked for being compensated. My original complaint is that I think it is wrong to advertise a price on your big sign out front and charge more than that for the item. Then to only reveal that price is only good with a coupon, though that is not listed on the sign. When I spoke on the phone to their rep, they wouldn't state if that was or wasn't their policy, and every time I tried to get clarification on it they just tried to avoid the issue and offer me a email coupon for some free food. I didn't want free food, I wanted it addressed that this is a bull shit anti consumer policy. So they kept deflecting and I told them not to worry about it, I wouldn't be coming back.
fiddle-clipart-1202366-Cartoon-Of-A-Happy-Hillbilly-Man-Dancing-And-Playing-A-Fiddle-Royalty-Free-Vector-Clipart.jpg

Tacitus

Staff member
I never asked for being compensated. My original complaint is that I think it is wrong to advertise a price on your big sign out front and charge more than that for the item. Then to only reveal that price is only good with a coupon, though that is not listed on the sign. When I spoke on the phone to their rep, they wouldn't state if that was or wasn't their policy, and every time I tried to get clarification

This is why I love this place so much.

I'm arguing about the effects and outcomes of corporate policy on socio-economic strata and social interactions.

You just wanted to rectify sales policy.

Madman just wants a free sandwich and a handjob for telling you that.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Is there a man among us who wouldn't take a free sandwich and handjob?

(amiga excluded, of course, because he'd never allow a woman to have physical contact with him)

Status
Not open for further replies.