Businesses you don't frequent out of principle

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
This is why I love this place so much.

I'm arguing about the effects and outcomes of corporate policy on socio-economic strata and social interactions.

You just wanted to rectify sales policy.

Madman just wants a free sandwich and a handjob for telling you that.

I don't disagree about the point you are making though.

Also, Manman needs to up his game. At this point he has long only been in competition with himself, and because of not having any real challenges to push him to improve, his venom has become impotent. It's time for some new material or someone new, someone madder and manlier is going to rise up and take his crown.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I don't disagree about the point you are making though.

Also, Manman needs to up his game. At this point he has long only been in competition with himself, and because of not having any real challenges to push him to improve, his venom has become impotent. It's time for some new material or someone new, someone madder and manlier is going to rise up and take his crown.

He's doing the "detached hipster irony" ass blast in chat. His friends are proud of him.

Tacitus

Staff member
I was just trolling madman in chat with this and had one of those epiphany moments...

"what the fuck am I doing arguing/trolling this on a fucking forum? there's more to life than this..."

Whatever. free sandwiches and handies for everyone.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I refuse to eat at church's chicken because of their discriminatory practice of making chicken so bad that only people dumb enough to eat it are white.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If over compensating you for their mistake isn't making it right, what is? What would have been a successful resolution for you?

You may know the the answer to that someday. But first, you need to be promoted to assistant manager.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Staff member
Somewhere, DashK is crying to himself on a swing in an abandoned public park and doing spots for Dash Radio..... knowing that this thread exists and unable to bring himself to post.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I was just trolling madman in chat with this and had one of those epiphany moments...

"what the fuck am I doing arguing/trolling this on a fucking forum? there's more to life than this..."

Whatever. free sandwiches and handies for everyone.

Whatever epiphany you discover...posting more>less posting.

I hope to read more of your posts personally!

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Isn't that the old "bait and switch" tactic? Which is illegal, right.

I couldn't get "bait and sandwich" to sound right...

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Isn't that the old "bait and switch" tactic? Which is illegal, right.
Bait and switch is when one product is advertised that they have no intention of selling to you and when you show up they sell you something else through a number of shady tactics. In the case of fatstacks with his baller status, they offered 2 sandwiches for a certain price and did not honor said price. He bought exactly what was advertised.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Shady, yes. Illegal, not really but lawyers would have to argue it out and no one has principles enough to pay for the litigation. We are talking about a f'n sandwich.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
The main one is Walmart, but if I'm being really honest, although it started out as a boycott of their corporate practices back when I was a wide-eyed college student, at this point it has at least as much to do with the fact that I'm a snob and I just don't like that place.

I think that Gamestop fucking sucks and they do things that piss me off, but again I think the snobbery has more to do with why I won't go in there.

Other places mentioned in the thread that I have never visited include Jimmy John's and Chick-fil-A, but in both cases it's just something that I've never gotten around to doing, and not some kind of boycott. Jimmy John's just doesn't look like something that I want to eat, and in the two small towns where I spend 99.9% of my time, we don't have a Chick-fil-A. John Schnatter is a huge piece of shit regardless of what happened with the whole n-word thing, but more importantly their pizza is complete garbage.

This guy gets it.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I used to collect music on vinyl in the late 90s/early '00s, back then there were a couple of good stores in Köln. One of them had a nice Stockhausen album from the 70s, I went to the counter to listen to it and inside was just a cheap whitelabel. Obviously someone scammed them, but since then, they always sold records I ordered or reserved for me to someone else, called it a mistake and apologized. So, I ceased to go there for two decades or so and when I dropped in last year, out of curiosity, D'Angelo's Voodoo cost like a €100. No thanks, one retarded hobby is enough...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Somewhere, DashK is crying to himself on a swing in an abandoned public park and doing spots for Dash Radio..... knowing that this thread exists and unable to bring himself to post.

I mentioned Dashie in chat a few weeks ago and nobody knew who I was talking about...sigh.

The real question I'd like answered is how many of these stories are real and how many are made up for the sake of posting? I'm gonna be generous and say 75%.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I try to avoid buying things online I can buy locally. Always better to support local than Amazon or the like

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I try to avoid buying things online I can buy locally. Always better to support local than Amazon or the like

Why is it better?

You realize that the money you would have saved by buying from Amazon could be otherwise utilized, correct? Essentially, you're going out of your way to subsidize a business that can't compete. So instead of buying, for instance, a laptop on Amazon and then spending what you saved on a meal or a hobby, you pay more locally and get just the laptop. So you just subsidized the laptop seller at the expense of the restaurant or whatever hobby. Ultimately you've caused a net decrease in economic activity. You've turned the same amount of resources into fewer goods.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Yeah, I agree with you if there is a big price difference I will buy from Amazon or whoever, but if prices are close or the same I’ll go local every time. I just hate to see so many local stores close due to Amazon and Walmart

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's interesting how bad service at one restaurant will cause someone to completely avoid the chain.
Shitty service is from shitty people, not a shitty corporation.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
11427d1475693241-randal-s-porch-monkey-4-life-shirt-img_1943.jpg

LOL Fucking Thank you! Now we just need a blazing saddles reference and the picture is complete.

It's a shame that a movie like Blazing Saddles would never make it in today's world.

And about that PJ's shit. He said something stupid but at the same time context matters. It just goes to show how many people are out to lynch people for even the slightest fuck up.

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
It's interesting how bad service at one restaurant will cause someone to completely avoid the chain.
Shitty service is from shitty people, not a shitty corporation.

I think that has a lot to do with location as well.

To avoid a restaurant in the town you live in, is pretty much avoiding the chain.

For example, if I'm out of town and am going to stop at a restaurant, I want to go to something I can't get at home. In those situations it's not like a company boycott really.

Aside form that I don't know how else it would work other than for one to say let's drive an hour to the next city over so we can go to a restaurant they have here that I don't like.

Also, I find if someone really likes the food of a place, they will look past the crappy service a lot easier. Like someone saying they don't like a chicken place that supports ideals different than their own, but will still buy it because they think it is good. As opposed to one stopping at McBurger's after work as it is one of the only things open, the food isn't that good, just convenient to the situation, so when they cross the line, it's easier to write them off.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
LOL Fucking Thank you! Now we just need a blazing saddles reference and the picture is complete.

It's a shame that a movie like Blazing Saddles would never make it in today's world.

And about that PJ's shit. He said something stupid but at the same time context matters. It just goes to show how many people are out to lynch people for even the slightest fuck up.

"Colonel Sanders called blacks niggers and Sanders never faced public outcry"

I agree that context matters in these things, look at what he said. It's kind of a racist jealousy. It's like he's thinking out loud 'Oh man, Colonel Sanders got to call the blax (this is a GregN thread, btw, you guys are all spelling it wrong) whatever he liked, how come I got to watch what I say?'.

A rich asshole lost his job for being a racist d-bag, now he'll have to retire with his millions on a yacht somewhere. Boo-fucking-hoo.

Tacitus

Staff member
I agree that context matters in these things, look at what he said. It's kind of a racist jealousy. It's like he's thinking out loud 'Oh man, Colonel Sanders got to call the blax (this is a GregN thread, btw, you guys are all spelling it wrong) whatever he liked, how come I got to watch what I say?'.

A rich asshole lost his job for being a racist d-bag, now he'll have to retire with his millions on a yacht somewhere. Boo-fucking-hoo.

Hello exactly!

This isn’t the first time he’s done the “I’m rich and fuck everyone else” dance.

He’s open about his corporate policies and demeanor. If he didn’t want critique, he should keep his mouth shut and take his face off the brand.

He’s also notorious for his franchising policies and how they utterly fuck owners (unless you’re famous.)

I don’t think he should censor himself because he owns a business... he should just understand the position it puts him in.

For chrissakes, he did Jerry Jones’ bidding on the anthem stuff.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Hello exactly!

This isn’t the first time he’s done the “I’m rich and fuck everyone else” dance.

He’s open about his corporate policies and demeanor. If he didn’t want critique, he should keep his mouth shut and take his face off the brand.

He’s also notorious for his franchising policies and how they utterly fuck owners (unless you’re famous.)

I don’t think he should censor himself because he owns a business... he should just understand the position it puts him in.

For chrissakes, he did Jerry Jones’ bidding on the anthem stuff.

I stopped eating his crap pizza during the whole healthcare debacle, and his general rich-entitled-assholishness, has only continued to reinforce my desire to literally eat anywhere but at one of his shitty franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.