RGB out from PVM...how to capture?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
So I have a few light gun pcb’s that I have to use a PVM for to maintain rgb sync to make them work, and I’ve been wanting to capture gameplay. Mostly because Total Vice doesn’t even have a single video clip on YouTube.

What’s the most effective way of either a) splitting the rgb bnc cables or b) capturing rgb out on my PVM and ingesting it into my pc.

Any help would be appreciate. All shit talking is expected and is also welcome!

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
The PVM has both BNC inputs and outputs on the back. Get a BNC to *male* scart adapter (I bought mine from "Wookiewins" on eBay), plug the BNC connectors into the outputs on the back of the PVM (including sync out), plug the scart end into an upscaler like the OSSC or Framemeister, and plug the output of that into your capture card.

Obviously this doesn't show how it's wired up, but here's my setup just to prove that it works. PC Engine with SSDS3 into the PVM, then out of the PVM into an OSSC, out of the OSSC into a Startech USB 3.0 capture device and into their capture software.

DiHx-MWVQAIcekN.jpg:large

Requisite shit talking: Go fuck yourself, faget.

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
thanks. That was my presumption that the out on the PVM would carry effective signal to capture through my framemeister, but I didn’t want to buy another bnc to scart before I knew.

I got my first one from wookiewin so I guess I’ll have to go and get another!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You know you could just pm him and save him the eBay fees.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I’m sure it goes without saying, but if anyone doesn’t know wyo or his rep, the cables he makes are legit and great quality. Couldn’t recommend them enough (in case anyone new on the site stumbles across this)