161-in-1 version 2 stability fix.

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
whats odd here? just diff board rev? this one still has unplaced decoupling caps. wtf they are .09 cents in the USA with a purchase of 100. I bet the ones they use are 0.009 cents. talk about unnecessary cheapness.

It seems the pics above show a 138in1, so if confirmed the 161in1 v2 may have one of the PCB board that is from a 138in1 (maybe it just happens they can reuse the same PCB)

Last edited:
It seems the pics above show a 138in1, o iff confirmed the 161in1 v2 may have one of the PCB board that is from a 138in1 (maybe it just happens they can reuse the same PCB)
I wasn’t aware of that. I thought the wrong board and been in there and maybe that was the reason for the in game crashing

Maxisoft2

n00b
Hey guys!

I just wanted to let you know one finding that helped me fix all of my crashes. I turned up the power supply voltage to 5.15v (which should be, as far as I know the maximum without damaging the chips) - and now I do not have any more crashes. Before I was exactly at 5V. I have the V4 of the 161 in 1 multicart.

Hope that finding may help any of you.

Best

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
The reason for this is likely due to the voltage droop across the diodes (which changes with load current).

Just remember that you're playing with fire here, if you don't change out those diodes for a proper LDO regulator. It can, and probably will break in time.

Hey guys!

I just wanted to let you know one finding that helped me fix all of my crashes. I turned up the power supply voltage to 5.15v (which should be, as far as I know the maximum without damaging the chips) - and now I do not have any more crashes. Before I was exactly at 5V. I have the V4 of the 161 in 1 multicart.

Best

Jonap

Mega Shock!!
Hey guys!

Best

You have crashes with v4 2020 161 in 1???
I never had it, how other people says uping volts is play with fire, i use always 5v good quality adapters and never had a reset, te real input income inside when i play are about 4,7 - 4,8v aprox.

MV1C / MV1B test boards.

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
You have crashes with v4 2020 161 in 1???
I never had it, how other people says uping volts is play with fire, i use always 5v good quality adapters and never had a reset, te real input income inside when i play are about 4,7 - 4,8v aprox.

MV1C / MV1B test boards.

It's really your call. I'm just sharing the technical reasons for why I think, as an engineer, this is a bad idea, because these boards lack a proper 3.3 V regulator.

That said, anyone can do whatever they like with their own PCBs.