Issues With Aero City Cab(Mostly Solved Acouple of questions)

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I picked up a AeroCity cab last night. It powers on but im not getting sound and some of the buttons and stick directions arent responding. I see alot of loose wires that look like they were twisted together instead of being soldered.
Is there a manual for this in English? Or a diagram with wire colors?

If possible i want to try and get this thing properly working today.

Thanks

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Get a multimeter and trace the loose ends back to what pin they connect to on the JAMMA harness.

jamma-pinout.gif

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
AJ you cant really trust colours on a cab that's been hacked up...

Anything loose would be safer to trace it back or ohm it out than trusting a hack job.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I picked up a AeroCity cab last night. It powers on but im not getting sound and some of the buttons and stick directions arent responding. I see alot of loose wires that look like they were twisted together instead of being soldered.
Is there a manual for this in English? Or a diagram with wire colors?

If possible i want to try and get this thing properly working today.

Thanks

Just FYI, your inbox is full.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Did you buy that one from Craigslist in Houston? That cab needs alot of love. Did it come with the fingerboard to jamma edge piece?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Yeah, i bought the one off craigslist for $500. And it does have that fingerboard in it. So the button input issue i spent some time on and found out it was the button switches themselves lol. They were so worn and dirty that they werent activating so i swapped those out with some spare sanwas i had laying around.
Sound issue I will know if i have it figured out tonight. followed the wires and found that the ground and one of the speakers wires were cut. So i just have to extend some wire and test that. Hoping that will resolve the issue for sound.
Last thing im having trouble with is both player 1 and 2 forward inputs wont work. Which is the pink and pink/white wires on my cab. I followed the wires all along the harness and dont really see any issues. When i get home im going to check the plug connectors that are under the cp. If i cant determine if its a lose connection on the connectors ill probably just run the wire directly to the stick. First thing ill probably do is cut off the qds and test the bare wire with a known working ground on one of the other stick directions. Once i verify that i have the input issue resolved ill splice acouple of 5 pin harnesses for my new LS32-01s

Thanks ill clear out my inbox

Yeah the cab looks to be in better shape than the pic the guy was using on CL. The monitor door needs to be repainted. He already stripped most of the paint off. Im going to take it to work tomorrow. Remove rest of the paint and surface rust then paint it and reassemble it by thursday. I really want to have another meetup this friday

pics from seller
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=TWFHSUlHWEV1a1hsV3dZd0NudTlKUzBmTTVETktR

This is a post from my last gathering. Glad to have a third

https://twitter.com/MountainDewFKR/status/1015710994230906886

Also, anybody know best place to get replacement wheels for this cab? This one doesnt have the 2 wheels installed on it.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Working on the sound. Folkowed wires from speaker , jamma connector and fingerboard. So left speaker had it's +/- wired together same for the right speaker. Sorted them all out. And still no sound. Are the speakers fried or should I check something else next?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
True, but thought he was referring to the fingerboard since its says AMP on it

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Speaking of that, last night when i was working on it the cab was on and i was testing the buttons to make sure they worked when i went under the cp to grab a tool i dropped my cheek touched the corner of the cp and i felt a slight jolt. When i held my cheek up to it i could feel it even more. is this normal or is there something i should check?
This cab has the stainless steel cp so there is alot of exposed metal as opposed to painted.
Sorry guys, im not used to putting this much work into cabs, all the cabs ive owned have only needed minimal things changed/checked. First time for everything.

It does have the og PSU, ive been making sure to use my atlas when i hook up my mvs board to it just to see if i see any spikes. But i may change that sucker out just due to its age alone.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Working on the sound. Folkowed wires from speaker , jamma connector and fingerboard. So left speaker had it's +/- wired together same for the right speaker. Sorted them all out. And still no sound. Are the speakers fried or should I check something else next?

Are you testing the sound with a different board after the rewire? Just in case the first one got a fried sound amp.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Im using a mv1c , and i thought about that, so i tested same board on my neo29. Sound works perfectly.

When i get home im going to see if i have a radio or something so i can test the speakers directly to confirm if they are working or not.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Im using a mv1c , and i thought about that, so i tested same board on my neo29. Sound works perfectly.

When i get home im going to see if i have a radio or something so i can test the speakers directly to confirm if they are working or not.

That's what I was going to say next, test the speakers themselves, probably blown, if not, the adventure begins.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Was able to use the atlas to test if the speakers were good. confirmed they work and I got them to work with the cab. There was a cut speaker + and - coming from the fingerboard and the jamma connector plus the 4 wires coming from the speaker . I had connected wires from fboard and jamma connector to the correct speaker wires and was getting nothing. After I removed the fboard wires from the equation they are working!

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The cab is 100% metal. There are several ground wires including one I'm the lower party of the panel surround. My Aeros did the same thing till I reconnected all of them.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I know ive seen atleast 3 ground wires that i remember, ill have to take a look.

Also, had to cut the cp overlay to get the joysticks out, well player 2, player 1 had already been done lol

https://twitter.com/MountainDewFKR/status/1019632886805356551

Those seimitsu panels all have the top screws under the overlays. The sticks secure from the underside of the panel and not the top. The only one I've seen that secures from the top is the neo panel.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
So you had to do that remove the sticks on all the seimitsu panels like this? That sucks

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
So you had to do that remove the sticks on all the seimitsu panels like this? That sucks

No, they screw into the bottom of the panel, not the top side. Maybe that specific panel is like the neo one? I've had both of the Capcom produced ones and they screw in from the bottom.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Speaking of that, last night when i was working on it the cab was on and i was testing the buttons to make sure they worked when i went under the cp to grab a tool i dropped my cheek touched the corner of the cp and i felt a slight jolt. When i held my cheek up to it i could feel it even more. is this normal or is there something i should check?
This cab has the stainless steel cp so there is alot of exposed metal as opposed to painted.

Sounds like grounding issues...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I've been following this... and it's sorta interesting...

Not that I can help in anyway whatsoever but looks a fun project :D

GO GO AJ_MUSHY_BALLS!

xROTx